Blyth Beach and Huts

Blythman
Posted 20/12/2010 - 23:57 Link
Two pics from a couple of weeks ago. Then three of the Beach Huts at Blyth from this morning. These are from the opposite side to that posted by geordie01 earlier today. C&C welcome
1
Comment Image

2
Comment Image

Beach Huts 1
Comment Image

Beach Huts 2
Comment Image

Beach Huts 3
Comment Image

All taken with the k-x
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Edited by Blythman: 20/12/2010 - 23:58
coker
Posted 21/12/2010 - 00:01 Link
No. 1 for me, Alan.

Beautiful image. Frame it up A3 & I'll have it on my wall, please!

Coker.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
thoughton
Posted 21/12/2010 - 00:09 Link
I like the first one and last one, the last one especially so. Good job!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Edited by thoughton: 21/12/2010 - 00:10
fatspider
Posted 21/12/2010 - 00:15 Link
Not bad



Though to be honest I'm not sure about the first one, I feel the sky and the sand are competing, I would crop off the bottom taking away all traces of the sand and you have a very nice image, I would try again and crop off the sky to just above the groynes, two superb images out of one
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Blythman
Posted 21/12/2010 - 00:36 Link
Thanks for the encouraging comments guys. See what you mean Alan, good shout.
Alan


PPG
Flickr
geordie01
Posted 21/12/2010 - 06:23 Link
no1 for me with the sand cropped off i think it draws the eye to the reflections in the water
bwlchmawr
Posted 21/12/2010 - 08:31 Link
The first one is lovely. The light and balance are most pleasing.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
walkeja
Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:52 Link
Colour, I don't believe it!
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
techno-terminator
Posted 21/12/2010 - 12:13 Link
That first shot is absolutely stunning - the colours are so delicate in the reflection .

I'd also like to see a bit of the sand at the bottom cropped out .
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Blythman
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:17 Link
This is another shot, along the lines that Alan and ohers have suggested
Comment Image


and this is the one originally posted, but now cropped
Comment Image
Alan


PPG
Flickr
geordie01
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:42 Link
i do not know have tried different versions of crop and effects and like them all even turned it upside down (sorry rotated 180) and still liked it
geordie
Blythman
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:44 Link
LOL Geordie
Alan


PPG
Flickr
fatspider
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:46 Link
Deciding on a final crop is your choice, I simply suggested it
Though I have to say I think I prefer the alternative shot.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Blythman
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:51 Link
Can't make my mind up Alan. That's why it taken two weeks to share

I might have to re-visit and try out my "new" £15 Tammy 28mm
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Blythman
Posted 11/01/2011 - 23:56 Link
Pleased to say that the original beach shot and the last beach hut shot were accepted into PPG today
Alan


PPG
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo