Black and White version

pschlute

Link Posted 15/09/2022 - 11:12
A fisheye image from last Sunday's shoot given the b+w treatment and a crop from the top.

IMGP5915 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 15/09/2022 - 11:19

Spad

Link Posted 15/09/2022 - 12:17
Looks miassively better in B&W... Try a bit of grain and vignetting to give it an authentic feel
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....

Helpful

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 15/09/2022 - 15:49
Really like this. B&W always impresses me, the tones etc.
Be well, stay safe.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 15/09/2022 - 17:35
Spad wrote:
Looks miassively better in B&W

Urbanmeister wrote:
Really like this. B&W always impresses me, the tones etc.

I agree with both of you. My first assumption given the large number of red and green lights was that colour would be the medium for these pictures. But at least for the "overview" images I concur that b+w suits it so much better.
Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 09:31
I don't agree that this looks better in Black and White - both presentations have their merits and the Mono certainly has the clinical contrasty look that suits the subject matter very well, but the original image(s) had a lovely, limited colour palette with no vibrancy which really convey the times they are from - just look at those off-whites, creams and greys on the phones and switch boxes

As a set the colour images work brilliantly, as a single image then maybe the B&W control room has the edge - but not by much
LennyBloke

Helpful

bforbes

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 09:41
I don't know if it's the new crop or the B&W conversion, but the clock has become dominant in this version. Hard to see past it.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 13:48
bforbes wrote:
I don't know if it's the new crop or the B&W conversion, but the clock has become dominant in this version. Hard to see past it.

It is a different image , taken with a fish eye lens. That has given the clock more prominence.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.