Black and white Long Exposure

malross73
Posted 18/12/2014 - 18:27 Link
First time out with the camera today for a long while decided on a trip to whitburn and marsden rock all shots taken with the K30 18-55mm kit lens and B+W stop filter processed in lightroom 5 and silver efex pro 2.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image
Malcolm
Website link
AndrewA
Posted 18/12/2014 - 19:28 Link
They are all great but I really love the space in the second shot.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
alfpics
Posted 18/12/2014 - 19:47 Link
Same here - all great - but no2 works best for me
Andy
bwlchmawr
Posted 18/12/2014 - 20:48 Link
A fine set. Very strong images. The second one is particularly special.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Harlequin
Posted 18/12/2014 - 21:18 Link
Same as the other comments and to think ' only ' the k30 and kit lens☺
RussV
Posted 18/12/2014 - 22:08 Link
They are all very good, if I had to choose it might be no. 1
PeterE
Posted 18/12/2014 - 22:14 Link
Lovely set, I do like no 2 especially, although I really like No 3 , do you have any leeway to recover any further detail in the left hand side wall?

Nice work. -

Pete
K3, K50

Only doin' it for fun
Edited by PeterE: 18/12/2014 - 22:16
Russ
Posted 18/12/2014 - 22:34 Link
Really nice set, i like them all. But for me no 3 is easily the most appealing. Love the lead in with the wall and path, the focal point of the lighthouse and finally the backdrop of the sky. Oh beautifully presented and processed. In a nutshell....awesome!
K10D
Posted 18/12/2014 - 22:37 Link
A really fine set. Good processing and even better composition.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
AlJones2402
Posted 18/12/2014 - 22:57 Link
Great strong images. I like them all.
davidwozhere
Posted 19/12/2014 - 01:55 Link
No.1 for me. It would have been 2 for the sense of space, mentioned above, except I would have liked a bit more of the beach to accentuate the fact that there IS a beach.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
malross73
Posted 19/12/2014 - 09:11 Link
PeterE wrote:
Lovely set, I do like no 2 especially, although I really like No 3 , do you have any leeway to recover any further detail in the left hand side wall?

Nice work. -

Pete
Thanks for the positive comments gents pete i wll have a look at the wall in number 3 see if i can reduce it any, I liked number 1 but 2 is really growing on me i can see a frame around that one, I must say the K30 is fairly new to me bought from the forum but i am more than happy with how it is performing.
Malcolm
Website link
Darkmunk
Posted 19/12/2014 - 09:49 Link
These are beautiful. Lovely strong, confident processing.
If that wall is blown out, you could borrow some detail flipped over from the right hand wall
davidtrout
Posted 19/12/2014 - 14:22 Link
Its a beautiful set of black and white photos, expertly done.

Harlequin wrote:
Same as the other comments and to think ' only ' the k30 and kit lens☺
You say 'only' the K30 but the K30 is a serious piece of kit, mine equals my K5 and K3 in the majority of situations. I even reckon its better at high ISO than they are. And Pentax kit lenses are widely regarded to be among the best available.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Edited by davidtrout: 19/12/2014 - 14:25
derek897
Posted 19/12/2014 - 17:11 Link
Really great set, not a weak one among them. All super.
I know what i like, If not always why.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo