BG4/Clones?

vic cross
Posted 21/10/2011 - 13:14 Link
I have the genuine BG4 on my K7. As I'm thinking about a K5 can anyone tell me if any of the "BG4 clones" are any good and if so which is the best? That is assuming there are different makers and not just different brand names on the same product. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Gwyn
Posted 21/10/2011 - 13:16 Link
Can't help I'm afraid Vic, but I hope the clone would be going on the K-7, and the genuine article on the K-5 .
Cuchulainn
Posted 21/10/2011 - 14:44 Link
I've a generic clone from eBay and it works well. It's one of the ones with water resitant buttons and a metal locating pin. It doesn't have quite the same feel as the camera itself and the paint on the buttons is getting a bit faded, but it has had a lot of use and cost less than a quarter of the official pentax one, so I'm definitely counting myself as a satisfied customer!
cabstar
Posted 21/10/2011 - 15:32 Link
I don't see the fear of the grip not being weathersealed the camera us already weathersealed without a grip... mine works fine. Obviously nit as good finish but does its job....
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
vic cross
Posted 24/10/2011 - 09:25 Link
Thanks to both. BUT are there different makes or are they all just name branded? CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
fatspider
Posted 24/10/2011 - 10:30 Link
Six months ago Vic I would have given the thumbs up but mine went belly up when the shutter release button fell off, I took it apart for a looksee and was not impressed with the quality, everything about the insides yelled cheap and nasty.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
vic cross
Posted 24/10/2011 - 20:19 Link
Cheers Alan. Thats what I like! More Grist to the Mill. More opinions - then more to think about. I had the genuine grip on my ist*D I have the genuine grip on my K10 and on my K7. I think if I do get the K5 then I will most likely stick with a pentax grip. CHEERS All. Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo