BBC Countryfile

RobL

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 11:26
Last Friday I was privileged to have exclusive access to the BBC filming Countryfile in my village, down to the redoubtable ladies managing the PR for our local allotment society (yes really!) They work hard raising the public profile to build resistance to the sale of their site for housing by the landowner the C of E no less. Mostly with Matt Baker who was so nice to everyone he ran into and took great interest in my K1 + 70-200 f2.8 combo, saying his dad was a keen photographer. During a break a teenager said she hoped to meet him as she was going to uni to study journalism so I introduced her, and Matt and the crew spent ages with her chatting and giving advice, and afterwards introduced her to Helen Skelton so she was absolutely thrilled. I was allowed to take photos as long as I stayed out of shot and my shutter clicks didn't intrude on the sound recording, hence the long lens. The light was very variable as well so I was glad to have this excellent fast lens. My photos have been compiled into a slideshow: link and the society has also produced a short film with my photos which explains the context: link

Jim from our photo group did a great job as 19c reformer Joseph Arch and a motley cast of extras from the village were the 2000-strong cheering crowd of farmworkers (sorry thingsIhaveseen, not an Equity card in sight)! The programme will be broadcast on 25 August where the day's work will be distilled down to a few minutes.

Here are a few from the day.

Last Edited by RobL on 16/08/2019 - 11:27

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 13:33
Congratulations Rob on a cracking forum entry...first rate images with commentary to match.

I'll try and make time to watch the programme now as well.

Nice to read that Matt and Helen and indeed the crew were so friendly and approachable...genuinely nice people.

Regards

Karlo

RobL

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 13:43
Thanks Karlo, much apreciated. Photo no. 4 just made the front page of the local rag, Warwick Courier, but forgot to credit me! Heads will roll.
Last Edited by RobL on 16/08/2019 - 13:43

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 16:05
Great thread and fab pictures!!
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 21:41
Well done Rob.

No.4 is such a great image regardless of who the two people are...one of the best shots of its kind i've ever seen.

Your thread today for me is definitely the 'Thread of the Month' so far.

Best Wishes

Karlo

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 17/08/2019 - 14:39
What a super set Rob... looks like a really great day...

RobL wrote:
Jim from our photo group did a great job as 19c reformer Joseph Arch and a motley cast of extras from the village were the 2000-strong cheering crowd of farmworkers (sorry thingsIhaveseen, not an Equity card in sight)!

Ah, not to worry... all for a very gd cause indeed, and looks like it was a huge amount of fun...😉😀👍

Congrats on a top set of photos... great record of the day...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

pschlute

Link Posted 17/08/2019 - 18:50
Love the Spaniels
Peter

My Flickr page

Daronl

Link Posted 20/08/2019 - 14:26
Great photo log of a lovely day and Country File is such a credit to all involved; well done Robert for sharing your part in it which enhanced it further.
Daronl

davidwozhere

Link Posted 21/08/2019 - 01:02
Some first rate photos in there - and the story brings it vividly to life. Thanks for sharing it.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/08/2019 - 19:03
Settling down to watch the show, and see if I can spot a Pentax User accidentally in shot

JAK

Link Posted 25/08/2019 - 22:21
The 12 'winners' are on this page.
John K

RobL

Link Posted 26/08/2019 - 12:45
Gwyn wrote:
Settling down to watch the show, and see if I can spot a Pentax User accidentally in shot

Carefully disguised as a scarecrow!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.