battery grip does not work

theonenadeem

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 09:20
Hello.....I have recently purchased K20D with a battery grip.when i attach the grip the body recognise this however i cannot get this to shoot. Any Sugestions?

Also i have noticed some dirt specs and hair in the viewfinder is there any way this can be cleaned?Is it not surprising that a sealed camera allows dirt particles into the viewfinder. Regards

MattMatic

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 10:45
Grip: the grip functions only work when the power switch on the grip is ON (and the body is on too)

Dirt: a RocketBlower does the trick. However, make sure you give the blower a few hard puffs first before using on the mirror etc (to dislodge any dust in the blower itself).

HTH!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Last Edited by MattMatic on 03/07/2013 - 10:45

senn

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 10:56
Grip: it depends, .. if you can't shoot with body shutter while grip attached (whichever it's on or off) then there must be a problem; .. if you can't shoot with grip shutter then MattMatic is probably right
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG
Last Edited by senn on 03/07/2013 - 10:57

fritzthedog

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 13:26
Re dust in view finder - you can remove the focus screen - this is a bit finicky and you will need nylon tipped tweezers or similar implements. You can then very carefully use a rocket blower in the chamber. Or get it done professionally or like most of us - ignore the dust it is doing no harm.

re battery grip - assuming you have switched it on - the most common problem is that one or more of the connection pins has become bent or jammed - check the pins - if they do not all line up or one or more remain retracted - that's your problem.

If it is the pins - clean them with alcohol and if jammed in - carefully try to release them - I have managed to do this with a sewing needle.

Good luck

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

theonenadeem

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 13:49
one of the pins is jammed in. cheers Nadeem

theonenadeem

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 17:14
fritzthedog What type of alcohol is best?

I have a 15year single malt at home, but that is for drinking.

Regards.

Nadeem

Gamka

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 17:36
theonenadeem wrote:
fritzthedog What type of alcohol is best?

I have a 15year single malt at home, but that is for drinking.

Regards.

Nadeem

If you don't have any "cleaning alcohol" such as Isopropanol then Vodka or Gin would be better than whisky. Whichever you use, just check it on some hidden plastic before trying it on a visible location.

You could send me the 15 yo and I'll send a sample of isopropanol in exchange!

fritzthedog

Link Posted 03/07/2013 - 22:17
Nadeem

If it is jammed - alcohol possibly will not free it (even a good quality 15 yr old malt!!). You will probably need to get a small sewing needle and gently slide it down the outside of the stuck pin in to the hole the pin sits in then gently apply pressure to the pin with the needle tip and pull it out slowly and the pin should pop out with it - you may have to do this a few times.

This has worked for me on 2 grips with the same problem - but be gentle with it - do not apply excessive pressure

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

theonenadeem

Link Posted 04/07/2013 - 23:47
Fritzdog I will attempt the sowing needle tip.

regards Nadeem

Incidentally which distillery did you say the ispropananol came from.

Jonnie Walker Green Label for Export only.

This whisky was seen abroad and rescued.
from

(Whisky Rescue Service)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.