Batch reduction in size

Anvh
Posted 03/05/2011 - 19:55 Link
johnriley wrote:
Photoshop 7 is fine - on the right hand side look for the "Actions" tab. It's next to the "History" tab. Click the icon next to the trash can "Create new Action".

Basically you open your image, press record, go through the actions needed and press stop recording. You can name the action and allocate a shortcut key or sequence of keys.
No need to do that

There is already a pre written action (script actually) for that and there is no need to open the photo's in photoshop, you can say that all those photo's in a map need to be resized for example.

You can find it most likely under File>Script>image processor but i ain't 100% sure PS 7 has it but i believe it does.
It can even convert from one file to another for you.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 03/05/2011 - 19:56
Frogherder
Posted 03/05/2011 - 20:36 Link
Ok thanks everyone - I'm going into information overload.

I've downloaded copies of :-
Shrinkpic
Faststone's Resizer
Microsoft Image Resizer.
This will give me something to do during these sunny days when I can't get out with my camera

I've so far not bothered with ImageMagick, simply because of the additional overhead of "learning" Linux

I've had a little play with Photoshop (per JR) and concluded I need to play further.

I don't have Lightroom so will give that one a miss for now.

So all in all - many many many thanks for taking the time even after I'd had a solution from Blythman - it's very much appreciated.

regards
Bernard
terje-l
Posted 07/05/2011 - 11:27 Link
Anvh wrote:
You can find it most likely under File>Script>image processor but i ain't 100% sure PS 7 has it but i believe it does.
It can even convert from one file to another for you.
I believe the correct menu is under File > Process Multiple Files
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Anvh
Posted 07/05/2011 - 17:50 Link
terje-l wrote:
Anvh wrote:
You can find it most likely under File>Script>image processor but i ain't 100% sure PS 7 has it but i believe it does.
It can even convert from one file to another for you.
I believe the correct menu is under File > Process Multiple Files
Could very well be I started with PS 7 but quickly went to CS and they have quite change the menu with that one and as far as i know with CS it's a script.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo