Back in the Fold

redbusa99

Link Posted 10/09/2021 - 22:14
Having tried the dark side, M4/3rds. Decided "better the devil you know ". Found using the camera was not as easy as my K3 as well as the astronomical prices of the PRO lenses plus the general short comings of the smaller sensor.These are of course purely my findings. Being honest i could not fault the build quality of the camera, Olympus M10 mk2.
Back with the K3ii. A few snaps from our local park, went looking for squirrels as there are usually quite a few running around but today not a one.

1. A Touch of Pink, don/t know any of the flower names

2. Fruit of the Yew

3.Purple Flowers

4. Warts and All

5. Look like Hips

6. Follow the Light

7. Yellow Flowers

8. A Bit of ICM

K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 10/09/2021 - 22:43
Beautiful. Love em all. Thanks
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
K-S2 and suffering from a relapse and so now buying digital camera kit - started with a little Lumix TZ80 and now LBA has re-occured for my K-S2. Not sure where it will lead!
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/09/2021 - 07:35
Nice pictures...

... Except for the first one. It looks very much like Himalayan Balsam, a non-native thug which is spreading rapidly via prolific seeding, particularly along streams and rivers . If you see it in flower, remove the flowers, or even uproot the whole plant, so it won't seed and spread. Many conservation organisations hold 'balsam bashing' events - plenty of examples on the web.

Steve

redbusa99

Link Posted 11/09/2021 - 14:30
Lubbyman, it is growing in the "wild" woodland section of the park but no doubt if it is a problem someone will get it sorted, usually people around doing maintainence on the park.
thanks Grumpy from another Grumpy, so i'm told

Flickr

pschlute

Link Posted 11/09/2021 - 17:19
The last three get top votes from me.
Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/09/2021 - 18:35
Always enjoy your images Joe - and in a way I'm glad you've returned to the fold

Keep 'em coming
LennyBloke

redbusa99

Link Posted 12/09/2021 - 10:54
thanks Peter and John, first outing with the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8.

Flickr

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 13/09/2021 - 10:50
Love the richness of colour in that third image! That opening image looks like one of those orchids you buy for the house, that soon die, but yours is living on a tree
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

redbusa99

Link Posted 13/09/2021 - 13:19
Thanks Gareth, i think it is a bush, will have a look next time i,m down there.

Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.