B&W Cottages

Posted 03/06/2011 - 17:34 Link
I drive past these everyday and today decided to pull over and grab a photo. Had to stand in the middle of the road on a blind bend so had to be quick but think it was worth it. Taken with a Sirius 28mm f2.8 wide angle lens that i got off Ebay for £36!

Comment Image

B&W Cottages by Richard_Hurst, on Flickr
PPGlink
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2
Smeggypants
Posted 03/06/2011 - 18:41 Link
Lovely shot.

For me the vignetting works at the bottom but not the top.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
matwhittington
Posted 03/06/2011 - 19:04 Link
I agree with Smeggy - it is a lovely shot. I like the undulations of the edge of the thatched roof and I think it looks good in B/W. I agree as well that the vignette looms a bit in the top of the image (especially the top left)

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link
Posted 03/06/2011 - 19:14 Link
Yes looking at it I agree about the top half of the vignette as well now.
PPGlink
Pentax K-5 with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Kit Lenses, Pentax 55mm f1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens, Pentax DA 12-24mm , Pentax DA 35mm macro, Pentax SMC FA 77mm Limited, Pentax SMC FA 43mm Ltd, Pentax SMC F 50mm, Sigma 24-70mm, Metz 58 af-2

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo