Autumn Windfall

gartmore
Posted 06/11/2010 - 13:15 Link
Its raining in biblical proportions this morning so back at one of my favourite indoor locations, the kitchen table!

K20d with DA 50-200 and the 360 flash off to one side fired wirelessly without any contribution from the on-board one. f13 at 68mm and 1/180th.

C&C welcome.

Comment Image
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
johnriley
Posted 06/11/2010 - 13:42 Link
Not what I was expecting, but looks very good!
Best regards, John
Father Ted
Posted 06/11/2010 - 16:58 Link
Not what I thought either, but I do like it.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
puma
Posted 06/11/2010 - 20:09 Link
I like it good shot!
PPG link
philstaff
Posted 06/11/2010 - 23:09 Link
I like the way the exposure opens up from the foreground to the jars in the background seems to lead me into the picture nice shot.
Ian
gartmore
Posted 07/11/2010 - 14:41 Link
philstaff wrote:
I like the way the exposure opens up from the foreground to the jars in the background seems to lead me into the picture nice shot.
Ian
The flash is quite close (90cm) set at its tightest zoom and lying on its side - on top of a bage of flour if the truth be known - and fired through a diffuser half way between it and the subject.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
bwlchmawr
Posted 07/11/2010 - 17:18 Link
Unusual composition and great colour/contrast.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
thoughton
Posted 07/11/2010 - 23:44 Link
Nice shot, great light on the jars and 3 rear apples. I'm not so keen on the foreground apple, it's a bit too soft, an the 'top-down' viewpoint on it makes it look a bit like it has been pasted on
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
i-Berg
Posted 08/11/2010 - 06:18 Link
Adding to Tim's thoughts - perhaps a slightly shallower DoF to really blur that foreground apple? The light really suits the subject matter a treat.
aliengrove
Posted 08/11/2010 - 10:23 Link
Nicely put together and shot. I agree with the comments about the foreground apple but it's a very nice shot anyway.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo