Auction News:

Shaky

womble

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 20:16
Imagine the paypal fees...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

hefty1

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 20:18
Imagine the seller sweating over a chargeback on them...
Joining the Q

womble

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 20:19
Do you think it was "as seen and no returns"?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

hefty1

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 20:25
Probably

Also "I don't know much about cameras", "it's in minty condition" and, my personal favourite, "I haven't tested it with film but it all seems to work perfectly".
Joining the Q

Algernon

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 20:25
Looks like mine!!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Dangermouse

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 20:48
To be fair, this is little different to the prices you'd see if someone offered Van Gogh's paintbrushes for sale (with proof of the provenance). People will always pay over the odds for anything associated with a famous individual.

I'm happy with my pair of black cameras: ME Super with 40mm f2.8 and MV1 with 50mm f2. Given the latter cost me £10 and can probably produce as good a photo as the Leica I see it as something of a bargain!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Algernon

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 21:12
I think some Leica nutter would have paid that for that camera irrespective of who owned it

I also think Matt, that your MV1 would have gone for £10 irrespective of who owned it

I once had a rare car (because all the others had long rusted away) that a member of the Beatles had ridden in quite often (not owned) but I didn't get anymore money off the scrapyard when it went for crushing

Algi

Dangermouse

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 21:22
I dunno, it did come with a free mould colony inside the lens which I was forced to remove!
Matt

Last Edited by Dangermouse on 14/01/2011 - 21:22

Algernon

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 21:45
I can't decide if that makes it worth more or less

Algi

Dangermouse

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 23:16
It does now have the motor winder. That cost me a whole ten pounds!
Matt

Hardgravity

Link Posted 14/01/2011 - 23:18
One of my black cameras cost me less than a fiver and produces great results
LINK

It's not a Lotsa though.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

hefty1

Link Posted 15/01/2011 - 11:34
Hardgravity wrote:
One of my black cameras cost me less than a fiver and produces great results
LINK

It's not a Lotsa though.

There's an Ensign Autorange 820 on eBay right now with the bidding standing at £828

I've bought and sold a few Ensign Selfix models but never for that sort of money! Suffice to say I'm keeping my eyes peeled at car boot sales from now on...
Joining the Q

johnriley

Link Posted 15/01/2011 - 11:37
That is such a highly unliklely sale. If I were the seller I'd not expect to ever get paid on that one.
Best regards, John

hefty1

Link Posted 15/01/2011 - 11:39
johnriley wrote:
That is such a highly unliklely sale. If I were the seller I'd not expect to ever get paid on that one.

I thought the same at first, but then going back over previous sales I couldn't find any previous data at all on that model - which makes me wonder if it isn't some sort of ultra-rarity..? There's been 19 bids so obviously more than one person thinks it's worth silly money.
Joining the Q
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.