Are Pentax getting too popular?
Posted 08/02/2011 - 22:50
Link
Well spotted. £20.00 is far too little for the 1:1.7 version.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 09/02/2011 - 09:46
Link
Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 NEW from a TOP UK Seller for £285 + £10 postage.
See Talk Photography forum for feedback on seller.
Someone else has an EMPTY BOX for about £18 posted
See Talk Photography forum for feedback on seller.
Someone else has an EMPTY BOX for about £18 posted
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 09/02/2011 - 10:31
Link
Kerso has a good reputation for imported Canon and Nikon, but I didn't realise he did Pentax.
Posted 09/02/2011 - 11:23
Link
Prices on ebay have definitely gone up. The only chance for a bargain is usually to spot one mis-described. There was someone selling an ME Super the other week, and mentioned in passing it was fitted with a K30/2.8. The lens is worth ten times the body but lots of people saw it. A 28mm shift went for less than it should have as it was described as a fish-eye but it was not an out-standing bargain. I have been largely buying through this forum. The prices are usually fair and I trust the sellers!
The thing I do like about ebay is that stuff you used to think would be impossible to find comes up now and again. For example, I picked up a new replacement battery door latch for my MEII Winder. I was very pleased as the winder was a present and I didn't want to just junk it. Now I have two of them!
Best wishes, K.
The thing I do like about ebay is that stuff you used to think would be impossible to find comes up now and again. For example, I picked up a new replacement battery door latch for my MEII Winder. I was very pleased as the winder was a present and I didn't want to just junk it. Now I have two of them!
Best wishes, K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 09/02/2011 - 11:41
Link
Interesting if you read their terms and conditions:
Quote:
- If you receive an item in error or the item does not match the description, then please contact us within 3 days for return and refund (buyer to pay own return postage costs). The item must be returned within 7 days.
- A 20% restocking fee will be charged if the item is returned back to us that is NOT defective or damaged in a way that was not stated in the listing.
This is why good retailers are finding it hard. Both of the above statements are invalid for a business seller. Especially the idea that you have to pay return postage if you receive the wrong item!
- If you receive an item in error or the item does not match the description, then please contact us within 3 days for return and refund (buyer to pay own return postage costs). The item must be returned within 7 days.
- A 20% restocking fee will be charged if the item is returned back to us that is NOT defective or damaged in a way that was not stated in the listing.
Posted 09/02/2011 - 11:57
Link
That particular seller is better avoided I've had problems with him in the past (he's a member on here by the way) and he certainly isn't a man of his word. I had to give him a negative feedback over a lens and then got this in an email:
Subject: Seller is requesting Feedback revision:
"Hi, I will fully refund your money paid for the lens
and postal costs if you could revise your feedback to positive."
I changed the Feedback and never received the refund, he changed his mind about it. I imagine that a lot of the 100% Feedback sellers pull similar tricks and even refund money to keep 100%.
Subject: Seller is requesting Feedback revision:
"Hi, I will fully refund your money paid for the lens
and postal costs if you could revise your feedback to positive."
I changed the Feedback and never received the refund, he changed his mind about it. I imagine that a lot of the 100% Feedback sellers pull similar tricks and even refund money to keep 100%.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 09/02/2011 - 15:26
Link
I noticed the Samyang prices seem to be climbing too. I quite fancy their 14mm f2.8 as I'm very happy with the 85mm, but wish I knew why it goes for anything between £50 and £100 more than the 8mm fisheye depending on seller!
The fisheye looks good, but the 14mm is full frame and has an aperture ring so I could use it as an ultra wide angle on my film bodies too.
Looking at the empty box seller I see they too are attempting to shift a Pentax-A 28-80mm (not SMC) for daft money. They are not worth £60, more like £20 or less. You can get a Pentax-A 35-70mm which is a much better lens thanks to the SMC coating and constant aperture for less than that.
The fisheye looks good, but the 14mm is full frame and has an aperture ring so I could use it as an ultra wide angle on my film bodies too.
Looking at the empty box seller I see they too are attempting to shift a Pentax-A 28-80mm (not SMC) for daft money. They are not worth £60, more like £20 or less. You can get a Pentax-A 35-70mm which is a much better lens thanks to the SMC coating and constant aperture for less than that.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6794 posts
17 years
Nottingham
If once you were prepared to pay £20.00 for a 500mm 1:1.7, you might now be prepared to pay much more
I remembered holding back on buying a BNIB/SEALED FA 50mm 1.4 on eBay just before the K10D was announced. Just the other day I saw someone here posting a listing for a USED FA 50mm 1.4 for £250 I think. Yeah I know.
Some new prices have comes down a little tiny bit since then though, or at least the SRS ones have.