Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

April Fool's day pranks?

pentaxian450
Posted 01/04/2010 - 23:10 Link
Hey guys, did you play any tricks today. For myself, I had my brother and his family for supper. I prepared a shepard's pie, but I added some red food color to the mashed potatoes, so it looked pink, and I've put blue color in the milk for the kids.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Oggy
Posted 01/04/2010 - 23:40 Link
Google added an animal translator to their site so you can understand your pets, and one of the newspapers had a story that the Large Hadron Collider was to be moved to the London Underground.
Don
Posted 02/04/2010 - 03:06 Link
sent my wife to the auto supply store to buy some headlight fluid.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
i-Berg
Posted 02/04/2010 - 04:03 Link

Don,

That would have been on the same shelf as the striped paint, left-handed hammers and pickled eel sandwiches...

Did your lovely wife 'see' the joke, once you'd replenished the fluid in the headlights?
Edited by i-Berg: 02/04/2010 - 04:06
mikew
Posted 02/04/2010 - 07:09 Link
Flipping heck Don you like to live dangerously!
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Dangermouse
Posted 02/04/2010 - 08:42 Link
I did hear a good one a while ago relating to the "Sending the new guy for a long stand"

The new guy managed to find a "long stand" in the parts catalogue, and ordered one having been told to obtain said part. It ended up costing his boss some staggering sum of money!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
PeteL
Posted 02/04/2010 - 09:51 Link
I told my wife that it was the last day to change our 20 pence coins for the new 25p piece. She was not amused when she returned from the Post Office!

Regards - Pete.
TOZZA27
Posted 05/04/2010 - 15:57 Link
We used to get the kitchen commis chef ( trainee ) to go count the 100s and 1000s as it was stocktaking - tee hee !

Ahhh the joys of silly youth !

Tony ( liked the BMW one and the Virgin Media one in the Telegraphh )
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !
PeteL
Posted 07/04/2010 - 17:49 Link
Here`s one that went a bit too far!...link

Regards - Pete
Don
Posted 07/04/2010 - 21:08 Link
There was that one year my wife stopped me from sending my mother-in-law plane tickets to come visit us. I was gonna call the airport and tell them she was muling cocaine. If I had known then, my wife and I were gonna get a divorce, I never would have let her talk me out of it.... Cavity search probably would've been the most fun she ever had...lol!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Edited by Don: 07/04/2010 - 21:10
nass
Posted 08/04/2010 - 08:28 Link
When I was a little boy living in Cairo, I once mailed an especially gullible aunt of mine that we'd bought a baby camel which was being transported on an aircraft and could she collect it please. She went as far as having the airport call up the captain in mid-flight to check if there was a camel on the flight before she got wind of the wind up
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
robbie_d
Posted 08/04/2010 - 09:20 Link
Me and some friends organised a prank one year where we phoned up a guy we knew pretending to be a local radio station that was running a competition called "Show me the money!".

The purpose of the game was to get to a certain pub in the town he lived in, run up to the bar and shout "Show me the money!". If he could do this in 10 minutes he would win £500.

We sat ourselves in the corner of the bar and waited, sure enough about 8 minutes later in runs this guy, shouting "Show me the money!" to a very bemused barman, who obviously had no idea. This only prompted the guy to carry on shouting, until he saw us out of the corner of his eye...
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.
fatspider
Posted 08/04/2010 - 09:47 Link
Quote:
I once mailed an especially gullible aunt

Reminds me of and April Fools letter I sent donkeys years ago, my younger sister was due to leave school at Easter and couldnt wait, my mother was also looking forward to her getting a job and finally contributing to her keep, My sister had had a lot of abscences in her last year and I got a girl in my works office to type up a letter, supposedly from the education authority saying my sister would have to stay on at school until summer to make up for the lost days
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
TOZZA27
Posted 08/04/2010 - 14:22 Link
My best has to be the one in which I "conned" the local freepaper - the Wirral Globe - into believing that an old college chum - new chef to the President of the US - was stopping off on his book signing tour ( An Elk in the Kitchen ) to say hi to me at our hotel.
We arranged a photo shoot and write up which had to be brief as Olaf Pilor - said chef - spoke little English and had a very tight schedule.
Second Chef Robbie was dressed in full whites with a dodgy blonde wig and told to grunt a lot and look angry.This he did as he was wetting himself with nerves - reporter and cameraman were ushered in and quickly out again.I gave details and the following Wednesday - April 1st - the story broke.My boss lost his bottle ( Italian !! Nuff said !! ) and had phoned the Globe - but they were so tickled they ran it anyway AND the following week we got another 1/2 page saying how much they had enjoyed the spoof.Brilliant reaction and great advertising for the Hotel.
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !
robbie_d
Posted 08/04/2010 - 14:29 Link
TOZZA27 wrote:
My best has to be the one in which I "conned" the local freepaper - the Wirral Globe - into believing that an old college chum - new chef to the President of the US - was stopping off on his book signing tour ( An Elk in the Kitchen ) to say hi to me at our hotel.
We arranged a photo shoot and write up which had to be brief as Olaf Pilor - said chef - spoke little English and had a very tight schedule.
Second Chef Robbie was dressed in full whites with a dodgy blonde wig and told to grunt a lot and look angry.This he did as he was wetting himself with nerves - reporter and cameraman were ushered in and quickly out again.I gave details and the following Wednesday - April 1st - the story broke.My boss lost his bottle ( Italian !! Nuff said !! ) and had phoned the Globe - but they were so tickled they ran it anyway AND the following week we got another 1/2 page saying how much they had enjoyed the spoof.Brilliant reaction and great advertising for the Hotel.

Brilliant.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.