Apple releases Aperture 2

Classvino
Posted 12/02/2008 - 15:50 Link
I don't have a Mac (yet) but for those who do...

http://www.macworld.com/article/132068/2008/02/aperture2.html
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
Galoot
Posted 13/02/2008 - 08:28 Link
And I see they have dropped the price a bit too, from £215 to £129, might be tempted now
Unlocker
Posted 13/02/2008 - 12:51 Link
The price drop has me tempted too, another reason to start using the Mac more!

The only thing is, as a novice to this, what exactly can Photoshop do that Aperture can't? Is it really worth that much extra money?
Galoot
Posted 15/02/2008 - 17:46 Link
I downloaded the free trial for Aperture 2, the documentation indicates that the K10D is supported, ( as well as other K series Pentax digital's ), it also indicates which RAW files it supports, didn't see the Pentax .pef's specifically mentioned, but it imported a few test one ok, as does iPhoto, seems to work fine with both .pef's, and DNG's.

Initial feelings are positive, friendly and easy to use interface, very fine adjustments available, file management and photo storage seems to have lots of options that the photographer can play with.

29 days left to play with it.

Must dig out a few 'horrible' pictures, ( I have lot's ), and see how it copes with these.

I'm running OS X 10.5.2 Leopard.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo