Anything on this Sunday? (12th)
Posted 11/10/2008 - 01:22
Link
If you pay for gas from MY place, I'll show up.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 11/10/2008 - 07:29
Link
AWDC National trails final at Avon Dasset quarry all weekend. A bunch of slow witted blokes driving 4x4 where they were intended to go and beyond. Details can be found www.awdc.co.uk - if you like to see silly people doing silly things it can be an entertaining spectator sport and free to watch. Take welliss or indeed waders.
Mike
Mike
Posted 11/10/2008 - 10:00
Link
I was hoping to go up to the Newnham Courtney Arboretum in Oxfordshire with my Dad (just in time for this week's comp.) I can't make it... but you can
I assume it's open, can't find any info...
I assume it's open, can't find any info...
Posted 12/10/2008 - 00:11
Link
mikew wrote:
AWDC National trails final at Avon Dasset quarry all weekend. A bunch of slow witted blokes driving 4x4 where they were intended to go and beyond. Details can be found www.awdc.co.uk - if you like to see silly people doing silly things it can be an entertaining spectator sport and free to watch. Take welliss or indeed waders.
Mike
Well, had a look at where the event is being held, saw it was on the M40 and realised that Gaydon was very close and realised that I have driven past there so many times that it would be worth a visit to the Heritage Motor Centre, and have found out that the Norwich Union MSA Classic will also be driving through on their way to Silverstone, sounds very interesting, so up nice and early, might make Silverstone too!AWDC National trails final at Avon Dasset quarry all weekend. A bunch of slow witted blokes driving 4x4 where they were intended to go and beyond. Details can be found www.awdc.co.uk - if you like to see silly people doing silly things it can be an entertaining spectator sport and free to watch. Take welliss or indeed waders.
Mike
Thanks for the idea Mike, but we have no wellies, but the idea helped us find this! Have a good day all, enjoy the weather, and if you should see a couple with Penatx cameras, do say hello!
Posted 12/10/2008 - 00:24
Link
Only just spotted this - it's been a long week and the only thing I've got in mind for tomorrow morning is catching up on some sleep. The NU classic cars (well, some of them) are supposed to be stopping off at Quainton Railway Centre en route to Silverstone so I might pop down there at lunchtime if I'm out of bed...
Joining the Q
Posted 12/10/2008 - 07:26
Link
Glad to have helped Unlocker - the day was glorious yesterday but I was driving a friend's long wheel base 110 Land Rover and had a dire day. If you do dare to don the wellies then look for the longest vehicle there with a glum driver and that's me!
Have fun at Gaydon (never been but we hold our AGM there so maybe one day).
Mike
Have fun at Gaydon (never been but we hold our AGM there so maybe one day).
Mike
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3062 posts
18 years
Aylesbury,
Bucks.
So... is there anything exciting going on this Sunday? Any event that you are going to that might tickle our fancy to come along and shoot? Perhaps you can all come down our neck of the woods and visit somewhere like Stowe Gardens (possibly get a competition shot?) Maybe even meet up for a beer etc.etc.?
We're easily pleased so let us know!
Website・Blog・Gear・Twitter・Facebook