Anyone using 'Image Processor' in Photoshop?
Posted 08/07/2013 - 11:54
Link
That's very useful. There are so many things in Photoshop to discover!
Best regards, John
Posted 08/07/2013 - 12:11
Link
Probably added when Jasc Image Robot was popular for
resizing and executing scripts. Cost about £200 circa 2000
'
resizing and executing scripts. Cost about £200 circa 2000
'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 08/07/2013 - 13:47
Link
Have been using it in Elements for quite a while ... but had a problem that when applying a Watermark it was reducing the image quality!
I have used it on directories with hundreds of images - to resize, rename, change format and more. All works well - apart form the minor issue.
I have used it on directories with hundreds of images - to resize, rename, change format and more. All works well - apart form the minor issue.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6794 posts
17 years
Nottingham
You just select the folder where the files are, select an output folder, choose your output file type and jpeg quality, and away it romps. Very useful.
Even more useful, you can get it to apply an 'Action' to each image. I recorded an Action to resize the image to 2000 pixels high, apply a Topaz Labs adjustment, and then sharpen. I then selected this action in the Image Processor, and voila, all the files were edited to that size, had the Topaz filter applied, and sharpened, automatically. Perfect for emailing a large number of shots quickly.
Then I thought why not create a watermark, and save that as an Action? So I opened an image, started recording a new Action, created my text layer and aligned it to the bottom and the right of the background layer, then flattened the image.
Now I can add the same watermark to a whole folder of images without needing to use additional software.
I'm sure this has probably been covered before on the forum, but i thought it was so useful, and I was so blissfully unaware, that I thought I would share.