Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Anyone having trouble with the raw button K10D?

Ava
Posted 17/02/2008 - 15:33 Link
I set the custom settings so that the raw button should stay active until you press it again. In spit of that, it turns off after one or two shots. Sometimes I need to press it several times to even have it come on.
ChrisA
Posted 17/02/2008 - 15:37 Link
Ava wrote:
I set the custom settings so that the raw button should stay active until you press it again. In spit of that, it turns off after one or two shots.

If I set the custom settings like that, I can take several shots in RAW+ with no problems.

However, if I leave it between shots long enough for the Auto-off to operate, a half-press on the shutter release button switches it back on again, but RAW+ is no longer selected.

Could it be just that your camera is switching itself off when you've noticed this?

Ava wrote:
Sometimes I need to press it several times to even have it come on.

On mine, you have to hold it pressed for about half a second. Pressing it and releasing it very quickly has no effect.
daltoned
Posted 17/02/2008 - 19:19 Link
I've noticed that if you go to display after shooting raw, it reverts backs to normal, I also find that the button does need to be pressed more than once on occasions.
Ava
Posted 18/02/2008 - 02:35 Link
OK- thank you. I guess if I don't want to miss a raw shot, I will need to actually set it to take either all raw, or raw and jpeg, instead of using the button. Otherwise I am missing some shots that I would have liked to have in raw.
George Lazarette
Posted 18/02/2008 - 08:39 Link
Once you get into a routine, using RAW is pretty quick.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Kal 10 d
Posted 18/02/2008 - 17:41 Link
Ive only just bought mine and im not even gonna try the raw yet til i figure the rest out...
K10 d-18-55mm
Tamron 70-300mm

The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose..
vic cross
Posted 19/02/2008 - 20:22 Link
Hi Ava. What I do is set the USER prog to shoot RAW among other things and the P prog to shoot JPEG and continuous shooting. Then if I want RAW+ I use the button although until I asked in another thread (RAW+ JPEG where ??? how???) I wasn't sure why anyone would want to shoot both together. I got some very good answers. CHEERS Vic
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.