Anyone Aware Of This
Posted 29/09/2008 - 13:27
Link
Don't know anything specifically about this one, but I've had similar types of emails - suggesting I join a website, or cross-link to their website, or add my name to their directory.
Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I've steered clear of them all
Just did a Google for "swapey.com" - looks like they have a lot of similar types of service. As with all such things, you need to check the T&Cs carefully.
To be honest, it's so easy these days to set up your own gallery and software that it's hardly worth checking these types of things out - unless they are promising something in return (and, as usual the phrase "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is" certainly applies as well )
Matt
Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I've steered clear of them all
Just did a Google for "swapey.com" - looks like they have a lot of similar types of service. As with all such things, you need to check the T&Cs carefully.
To be honest, it's so easy these days to set up your own gallery and software that it's hardly worth checking these types of things out - unless they are promising something in return (and, as usual the phrase "if it looks too good to be true then it probably is" certainly applies as well )
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


607 posts
20 years
I sugest that like me do not open or follow any links.
Hi fellow photographer!
Me and some friends (one of us being a photographer as well) developed in our free time with our own resources this virtual gallery for other photographer and artists: www.swapey.com/photographica. You can discuss (with mini-forums attached to each piece of art) and rate other objects and send messages to other members. There is also a general discussion forum. We have just started but have already more than 5'000 registered users.
We would be very glad if you would like to show your photos, your camera sell it or swap it or just discuss about photographica in general at www.swapey.com/photographica.
If you are more interested into fine art, you can also show your art photos at www.swapey.com/art.
I hope you don't feel disturbed by my e-mail. My apologies for contacting you directly and for my English, which is not perfect as I am from Switzerland.
Registering takes only 1-2 minutes and uploading a model is done in 3 quick steps, just click on "add object" after you logged in.
You will have your own personal gallery and can access all your objects directly via one single address (after you uploaded some of your objects you can go to "my swapey" --> "my museum" and then copy the address in the browser. If you send this link to your friends they will have access to all your art at once).
Regards,
Dave
www.swapey.com/photografica
PS: You can register here: http://www.swapey.com/index.aspx?action=register