Any Advanced Acrobat users, seeking advice

johnwhit

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 12:12
I'd like to scan a large collection of magazine articles into Adobe Acrobat (CS5) Ideally I'd like to save an archive version and a web version at the same time into two seperate directories. Could anyone tell me if this is possible or if there's is a script available to automate the process please? I'm using a PC, Win 7 64 bit BTW, Epson 1260 scanner and Vuescan Pro.

Alternatively a way to do the same in Photoshop CS5 saving as a pdf.

TIA,

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Last Edited by johnwhit on 25/04/2013 - 12:14

Mannesty

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 13:05
Firstly, there is no CS5 version of Acrobat, all the version numbers are numeric 1 until version X and now XI.

In Vuescan you can certainly save scans in different file formats, TIFF, JPG, & PDF but they will all go into the same folder.

To do what you wish in Vuescan you'll need to create two 'Options' files, then scan each image/mag using both sets of 'options', each having a different .PDF size and save folder.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 25/04/2013 - 13:08

Helpful

johnwhit

Link Posted 25/04/2013 - 13:53
Thanks Peter, of course your correct it's Acrobat X, I was given it together with CS5 hence the confusion. I'm thinking I may just be as well to scan everything for archive and produce content for web later. I'm basically only using Vuescan for TWAIN through PS5 or Acrobat because Epson have no drivers for my scanner suitable for Win 7 64 bit

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.