Another pointless thread
Posted 06/02/2011 - 13:10
Link
Mother's favorite tipple was a Whiskey Mac with Stone's Ginger Wine. Definitely not Crabbies...
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 06/02/2011 - 13:55
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
I might try that if I can get hold of some, I also need to lacquer the parts before refitting this time. The problem with the ME Super is that the top plate is plastic, so etch primer might trash it?
I suspect it would have been ok had I rubbed all the chrome plating off and then used plain Halfords white or grey primer to get a good key on the plastic. The winder top cover is fine, that got a good rubbing down as it was a bit scuffed after removal (ended up using mole grips to get it to turn, everything else failed!)
I'd certainly try to dismantle as far as possible; Masking might also work but it's difficult to get right if it's not a perfectly simple edge.I might try that if I can get hold of some, I also need to lacquer the parts before refitting this time. The problem with the ME Super is that the top plate is plastic, so etch primer might trash it?
I suspect it would have been ok had I rubbed all the chrome plating off and then used plain Halfords white or grey primer to get a good key on the plastic. The winder top cover is fine, that got a good rubbing down as it was a bit scuffed after removal (ended up using mole grips to get it to turn, everything else failed!)
Chrome is a pig to get off in my experience, it's too hard.
Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Posted 06/02/2011 - 17:17
Link
The ME Super will be getting another alteration, as I decided the marble effect doesn't really work. I've ordered some wine-coloured leatherette material which should look much better, assuming I can cut it accurately and fix it on with contact adhesive.
The orange one is next on the fix list, after I get some fresh paint. For obvious reasons I don't want to start dismantling before then.
The orange one is next on the fix list, after I get some fresh paint. For obvious reasons I don't want to start dismantling before then.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 06/02/2011 - 19:33
Link
I think this will be more of a burgundy colour, judging by the photo. Amazon seem to stock everything!
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 06/02/2011 - 19:46
Link
bretti_kivi wrote:
Chrome is a pig to get off in my experience, it's too hard.
Bret
You need quick release Italian chrome as used on their motorbikes.Chrome is a pig to get off in my experience, it's too hard.
Bret
One ride in the wet and it's gone.
Posted 06/02/2011 - 20:25
Link
Oggy wrote:
One ride in the wet and it's gone.
And that was even faster than 1970s japanese chrome!!bretti_kivi wrote:
Chrome is a pig to get off in my experience, it's too hard.
Bret
You need quick release Italian chrome as used on their motorbikes.Chrome is a pig to get off in my experience, it's too hard.
Bret
One ride in the wet and it's gone.
British chrome just went blue on the exhausts..
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 06/02/2011 - 22:33
Link
Hardgravity wrote:
British chrome just went blue on the exhausts..
It looked very nice too. They blued even quicker if you retarded the ignition slightly.
British chrome just went blue on the exhausts..
Posted 06/02/2011 - 23:22
Link
Hardgravity wrote:
That was the rider not the timing in my case.
T140V Bonnevilles would only do 110MPH!
Tiger Cubs were lucky to do 70MPH
That was the rider not the timing in my case.
T140V Bonnevilles would only do 110MPH!
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 07/02/2011 - 08:18
Link
Ah the Cub!
First bike I ever rode, it belonged to a school friend, he had it given by his uncle. The bike was in 4 boxes and Bob had to build it, which he did with very little trouble.
Those were the days...
First bike I ever rode, it belonged to a school friend, he had it given by his uncle. The bike was in 4 boxes and Bob had to build it, which he did with very little trouble.
Those were the days...
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 07/02/2011 - 08:32
Link
Hardgravity wrote:
The bike was in 4 boxes and Bob had to build it, which he did with very little trouble.
So that would have been Bob the Builder then HG?
The bike was in 4 boxes and Bob had to build it, which he did with very little trouble.
Posted 07/02/2011 - 09:37
Link
Hardgravity wrote:
Ah the Cub!
First bike I ever rode,
First bike I rode and the first bike I fell off. I bought a car after that. Two wheels was never my thing, flies in the mouth, wasps in your helmet, water in your boots, cold everywhere....naah.
Ah the Cub!
First bike I ever rode,
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 07/02/2011 - 09:42
Link
Another rock legend has died Gary Moore (actually younger than me).
Regards
Regards
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2288 posts
18 years
Wirral - Cheshire. IQ 153 Chest Large
TTTTTTony
I am now on Flickr which is nice !