Another pointless thread
Posted 01/02/2011 - 20:41
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
I wish I knew what the squirrels around here were drinking. I had five attempt to throw themselves under the car within a mile today!
Managed to avoid all of them AFAIK, although I think one made its escape between the front and rear wheels as I hit the brakes to avoid squashing it.
Took the wife out to Whitby today, just as we started down Blue Bank there was a Rabbit sat on the white lines in the middle of the road, stayed right where it was as I passed and I could still see it in my wing mirror as I got further down the road, must have had a death wish.
I wish I knew what the squirrels around here were drinking. I had five attempt to throw themselves under the car within a mile today!
Managed to avoid all of them AFAIK, although I think one made its escape between the front and rear wheels as I hit the brakes to avoid squashing it.
Posted 01/02/2011 - 21:07
Link
fatspider wrote:
must have had a death wish.
Or Myxomatosis.must have had a death wish.
John
Posted 02/02/2011 - 09:25
Link
Or assumed your car would be too slow to do any damage!
Posted 02/02/2011 - 09:47
Link
February Fill Dyke seems a good description today
Wet , very windy
URGH
And I have to go out this afternoon
Wet , very windy
URGH
And I have to go out this afternoon
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 02/02/2011 - 21:42
Link
Windy, damp & cold here. I was going out earlier but decided it was to cold brrrrrrrrr.
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 02/02/2011 - 21:47
Link
Same here had day off to take some waterfall shots. But the thought of standing in cold water up to my cable release put me off.
Maybe next week.
Maybe next week.
Posted 02/02/2011 - 22:05
Link
Took a trip to RSPB Salthome, very very disappointed, not a place for photographers.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/02/2011 - 22:43
Link
A quick Google "I'm Lucky" search for "RSPB Salthome" shows:
http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/s/saltholme/
Hmnn... Looks like a definite place for a photographer willing to test out his/her WR gear.
http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/s/saltholme/
Hmnn... Looks like a definite place for a photographer willing to test out his/her WR gear.
Posted 02/02/2011 - 22:52
Link
Pentax don't make a long enough WR lens for what's needed at Salthome. Unless...I talk to FatherTed and find out how he gets the moon.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/02/2011 - 22:55
Link
Oi!
No photography talk here please.
No photography talk here please.
Posted 02/02/2011 - 22:57
Link
Quite right Oggy
This area is a pentax free zone
Beer -- OK
Weather -- OK
Food ---Certainly
Cyrils -- bit of course
Anything but Pentax and photography
This area is a pentax free zone
Beer -- OK
Weather -- OK
Food ---Certainly
Cyrils -- bit of course
Anything but Pentax and photography
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 02/02/2011 - 22:57
Link
Oggy wrote:
Oi!
No photography talk here please.
that's my point there was no photography.
Oi!
No photography talk here please.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/02/2011 - 23:00
Link
......so I had a beer. Is that allowed:
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 02/02/2011 - 23:24
Link
VonBatCat wrote:
Same here had day off to take some waterfall shots. But the thought of standing in cold water up to my cable release put me off.
Maybe next week.
Easy solution - do what I do and use a longer lens!
Same here had day off to take some waterfall shots. But the thought of standing in cold water up to my cable release put me off.
Maybe next week.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3603 posts
16 years
Mid Wales
Managed to avoid all of them AFAIK, although I think one made its escape between the front and rear wheels as I hit the brakes to avoid squashing it.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.