Another Pointless England World Cup

noddywithoutbigears

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 10:53
Oh dear, here we go again, expectations rise and rise then slowly but surely begin to fall again, WHY Oh WHY have we got to suffer this emotional roller coaster again. For once I want to see an England team play on the field like they should do on paper. World class players but not a world class team, why? we can't keep blaming the managers it's something in the mindset of the players who pull on that shirt. Is it something in the shirt which makes great players revert back to bungling fools who have no interest in winning? Where are the Gazzas and the Terry Butchers of yesteryear who played with so much passion and committment? I'm full of despair that we just can't get it right on the world's stage. Before I die I want to see another gold star on the England shirt but at this rate I'm not sure my son will see one in his lifetime either. Ah well, rant over, there' Wednesday to look forward to and a chance for redemption but on last nights performance I somehow doubt it.
A poor life this, if full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies
Last Edited by noddywithoutbigears on 19/06/2010 - 10:57

johnriley

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 10:58
I thought we'd escaped football.....ah well.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 10:59
So far we've avoided this topic, it has been a haven of non football.

England can still go through if they can get their act together and score some goals and win.
Italy won the world cup after two draws in the groups, so it can be done.

Personally I don't really care one way or the other, for England or Holland. It might even mean I get to watch what I want on TV instead of the football being compulsory if both are knocked out.

If one or other or both go through I can only hope the weather improves so I can sit in the garden with earplugs in to try and block the sound of vuvzelas all around.

noddywithoutbigears

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 11:02
johnriley wrote:
I thought we'd escaped football.....ah well.

Sorry John, I wasn't really intent on raising it either but passion got the better of me.
A poor life this, if full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare. W.H Davies

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 11:51
Forget sitting in the garden with ear plugs, I need them in the house. the neighbours are all tuning up those b****y vuvelzas already . Aaargh.

Think I'll go shopping - it should be quiet at the shops.

gartmore

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 14:15
I'm not interested at all in football but we did have a barbecue last night with predominantly Algerian food...
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 14:20
Blimey Ken, I think I'll move to Glasgow. Too cold here for a barbecue at the moment.
We had sushi last night .

gartmore

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 14:25
A very pleasant 23C at this moment, hardly typical though
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 14:30
A very unpleasant 14 here .

Aero

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 14:53
A balmy 10C in Aberdeen. Far too hot to sit outside barbequeing.

Al

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 15:59
Gone down to 12 now .

Just annoyed my other half by watching the Swedish Royal Wedding when he came rushing in wanting to see Ghana's penalty.
I wasn't that interested in the wedding, and only switched channels as he came back from walking the dogs to annoy him. I think I succeeded

Well I didn't know they'd get a penalty now did I?

aliengrove

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 16:08
Been too busy on a course to watch football but dont think I have missed much.

As for the weather it was a balmy 50 degrees centigrade here ............
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

mowog

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 18:10
England doesn't deserve to win the World Cup, on the grounds of industrial patriotism.
All those England shirts being proudly worn by the million, up and down the country, are made in Indonesia. The flags of St George, so passionately waved and flown from countless windows and cars, are made in China!

I wonder if all those Patriots get the irony.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

Pwynnej

Link Posted 19/06/2010 - 21:35
mowog wrote:
England doesn't deserve to win the World Cup, on the grounds of industrial patriotism.
All those England shirts being proudly worn by the million, up and down the country, are made in Indonesia. The flags of St George, so passionately waved and flown from countless windows and cars, are made in China!

I wonder if all those Patriots get the irony.

We have a game in the car on the way to work...

How many cars sporting the flag of St George are actually made in England by an English based auto company?

We have spotted a german registered Mercedes truck on the M3 with the black red and gold of germany, but no english cars - the only ones that could qualify are MG Rovers made between 2001-2005, Noble, Morgan, TVRs of the Wheeler era
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. DFA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. D-FA 100. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.