another mono or color
Posted 24/08/2014 - 10:35
Link
Mono for me.. The colour lacks any punch...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 24/08/2014 - 10:43
Link
Mono for me also, and I think I'd play with uping the contrast a little.
Phil
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 24/08/2014 - 10:56
Link
Definitely colour for me.
Cheers.
Philip
Cheers.
Philip
Posted 24/08/2014 - 16:21
Link
Colour for me too - but select the red shorts and pull down the colour satuaration and luminance a bit. As it is they distract from the face. The colour balance on the skin tones is very good I feel.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 25/08/2014 - 11:54
Link
McGregNi wrote:
Colour for me too - but select the red shorts and pull down the colour satuaration and luminance a bit. As it is they distract from the face. The colour balance on the skin tones is very good I feel.
What's this Nigel 'Select the red shorts and pull down............', my goodness you have to be careful what you are saying Colour for me too - but select the red shorts and pull down the colour satuaration and luminance a bit. As it is they distract from the face. The colour balance on the skin tones is very good I feel.
I think more appropriate wording may have been 'reduce the red saturation on the brightest red areas of the image, e.g. the shorts'.
Back to more serious matters, I like the mono one the best, I think some of the colours clash a bit and distract attention from the little boy.
Regards
David
Posted 25/08/2014 - 13:36
Link
Since his legs have been half 'chopped off' anyway, I would crop the photo just below his arm, I think that would be a more pleasing photo, particularly in colour
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 25/08/2014 - 17:55
Link
michaelblue wrote:
Since his legs have been half 'chopped off' anyway, I would crop the photo just below his arm, I think that would be a more pleasing photo, particularly in colour
I agree. Make it a square crop and you have a lovely photo either in mono or colour. I am torn between the two, especially when cropped, so I can't help with that .
Since his legs have been half 'chopped off' anyway, I would crop the photo just below his arm, I think that would be a more pleasing photo, particularly in colour
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2931 posts
18 years
Atherton tablelands,
NQ
He was in almost the right mood
every time the flash went off he was off the stool looking at the shot
Don.