Another cheap lens shot

davidstorm

Link Posted 11/03/2021 - 16:14
Further experiments with dirt-cheap lenses on my K-1. I took advantage of the very windy and showery conditions today to get some long exposure streaks in the sky. Only stayed out a few minutes as it was so cold / wet, but this was probably the best shot. The only thing I don't like is the branches in the top right, but I tried cloning them out and it made the sky look odd, so I've left them there. 25 second exposure at f/18 with the Cosina 19-35mm set at 19mm.

Which do you prefer the BW or the colour version?

Comments welcomed.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

loadoftripe

Link Posted 11/03/2021 - 17:46
davidstorm wrote:
Further experiments with dirt-cheap lenses on my K-1. I took advantage of the very windy and showery conditions today to get some long exposure streaks in the sky. Only stayed out a few minutes as it was so cold / wet, but this was probably the best shot. The only thing I don't like is the branches in the top right, but I tried cloning them out and it made the sky look odd, so I've left them there. 25 second exposure at f/18 with the Cosina 19-35mm set at 19mm.

Which do you prefer the BW or the colour version?

Comments welcomed.

Regards
David

Good pictures David I like them and give me ideas to try. As a favourite the black and white gets it, suits the church giving it an eerie look.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 11/03/2021 - 18:29
Nice shot...what a great way into wide-angle on FF for a relative pittance.

Overall I prefer the coloured version but prefer the mono sky...just to complicate things.

regards

Karlo

Antony

Link Posted 11/03/2021 - 19:39
BW for me. It's moody and eerie, the gravestones add to that mood in mono and the tall trees standing sentinel also. Well done!

jeallen01

Link Posted 11/03/2021 - 21:25
I had the Vivitar "Series 1" version of that lens (made by Cosina) and was very happy with it on film.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

davidstorm

Link Posted 12/03/2021 - 20:23
Thanks for the comments all, this lens is a 'keeper' for me, I have been very impressed with it considering the price paid. I'll have to do a full set of images with it to test its capabilities, but so far I think I have a good 'un.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

doingthebobs

Link Posted 12/03/2021 - 21:09
B&W for me.
It's got the drama and those clouds are magic in mono.

All the best, Bob.
Bob

Sry

Link Posted 13/03/2021 - 21:15
Antony wrote:
BW for me. It's moody and eerie, the gravestones add to that mood in mono and the tall trees standing sentinel also. Well done!

I quite agree (and the branches don't bother me at all).

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 21:44
The black and white is killer
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.