And the lens is?

gwing
Posted 12/04/2014 - 12:07 Link
DrOrloff wrote:
A very reasonable price for an outstanding lens. I use it a lot for flower photography and so recognised it straight away. The microcontrast in the centre of the daffodil and the colour on the out of focus stem in the second are telltale.
I sort of guessed I wouldn't be the only person here using this lens.

Thanks for the info, as I'm very new to it I'll quiz you for a bit more . Are you seeing a colour cast on the out of focus stems or just a smearing of colour? And do you find it just dependent on aperture or focus distance as well?

It's a nice change to be working with something like this rather than modern edge sharp fully corrected optics and everything else done in PP. It'll be interesting to see what can be done with it.
DrOrloff
Posted 12/04/2014 - 12:44 Link
I'm not sure I could diagnose the conditions but there is a definite cool cast which manifests itself more in some situations. Your second shot brought this shot of mine to mind - the look of the background stems:

Comment Image


I am told it produces violet tones. I am colour blind and I like the tones produced by this lens - I suppose because faithful reproduction of colour is meaningless to me.

I find the lens is very sharp (pretty much as sharp as anything) but the overall contrast is subtle and that is a look that suits my style. It is one of those lenses that can produce the 3D look. Enjoy.
gwing
Posted 12/04/2014 - 15:19 Link
That's very nice ideend, lovely shape and tones.

The light really isn't good here today but it's that time of year and it seems quite easy to get attractive images out of this lens so from a few minutes ago ...Comment Image


Comment Image
davidstorm
Posted 12/04/2014 - 17:47 Link
Here's one that is a bit different with the K55 F1.8, this was on a full set of Extension Tubes:

Comment Image


Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo