Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

An intereesting SD card

DoctorJeff
Posted 09/03/2014 - 22:38 Link
Shopping in Sainsburys, I spotted a Sony 16 Gb SD card.
The price was good (£9.99) but the speed rating caught my eye - this was a Class 4 card rated at (up to) 15 Mb/sec, which is way fast for a Class 4.
So I took a gamble, got home and decided to test it.

Nothing scientific you understand. I have my K20 set to take .jpg and RAW both (RAW is DNG), so my thought was really how long could I do continuous shots before the card could not keep up. I just kept pressing the release (8 times) and watched the little light telling me that the card was being written to. Paused for a few seconds and did it again for another 8 shots, pointed it somewhere different for another seven shots. 46 images in a couple of minutes and the card kept up. Close on a Gb of data in about two minutes (a bit less than the makers claim, but enough to say "fast".

I would not normally shoot that fast, so I think I got a good buy. And. I know that it will not let me down after a few shots.

Geoff
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.