Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Amazonia

RobL
Posted 20/08/2022 - 17:35 Link
I was fortunate to receive a copy of this extraordinary book by Salgado recently; it documents six years of travel and exploration into the most remote regions of the Amazon, photographing landscapes and tribes some of which have never before been in contact with the outside world. Everything is in black and white and as well as this being Salgado's preference the monochrome ensures that there is consistency from film to digital images. However for me that only works with the tribe portraits, extraordinary depictions of people living in harmony with their surroundings. We miss though the vivid colours of the body art and feather headdresses but I suppose there were the very difficult lighting conditions in the depths of the forest und under heavy rain clouds. The landscapes I would much have preferred to have been in colour, I can only imagine the rich greens covering the land as far as the eye can see from an aircraft, draping over the huge cliffs and waterfalls. If you ever get a chance to borrow or buy one, don't hesitate, it is simply stunning.
Posted 20/08/2022 - 18:25 Link
Absolutely cracking review, RobL. Thanks.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
cardiffgareth
Posted 21/08/2022 - 19:04 Link
This book is on my radar! Seen sneak peaks of it and it looks amazing
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
RobL
Posted 21/08/2022 - 22:50 Link
Currently £69.14 at Amazon (ironically) which considering its size and amount of content is excellent value. You will need a strong bookshelf!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.