Alnmouth Beach
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:46
Link
I really like the textures in the first one. Has the second one had any HDR processing? It looks a little "unreal" on my monitor. Then again, this monitor has been proven to lie in the past.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:54
Link
Agree with Will on the second (frustrating when the last bit of light won't play ball!), and Fr Ted on the first Graham. A walk put to very good use.
Posted 03/08/2010 - 13:41
Link
Excellent stuff Graham. I love the beached tree trunk in No. 1. I don't think the colour in No. 2 is HDR, if it is then it isn't overdone. The clouds in this scene are great.
David
David
Posted 03/08/2010 - 16:47
Link
Father Ted wrote:
Has the second one had any HDR processing? It looks a little "unreal" on my monitor. Then again, this monitor has been proven to lie in the past.
The shot is almost out of the can apart from some sharpening and slight increase in saturation when converted it to srgb.Has the second one had any HDR processing? It looks a little "unreal" on my monitor. Then again, this monitor has been proven to lie in the past.
Pentaxophile wrote:
I love the 'cloud curves' in shot 2, but the shot just wanted a break in the clouds to bathe the rocks in light.
By the time I took this shot the sun was quite low and being blocked by the dunes, a little bit of low level sun light would have made all the difference.I love the 'cloud curves' in shot 2, but the shot just wanted a break in the clouds to bathe the rocks in light.
Thanks I-berg & David I intend to revisit this spot and see what else I can get out of it. I did wonder if the shadows from number 1 are a bit harsh.
Graham
Posted 04/08/2010 - 06:31
Link
Technoblurb wrote:
I did wonder if the shadows from number 1 are a bit harsh.
Graham
IMO not Graham - they and the light from the setting sun are what make the shot.
I did wonder if the shadows from number 1 are a bit harsh.
Graham
Posted 04/08/2010 - 12:30
Link
I think I commented on Flickr, but once again I am really loving the first one
Interesting landscape in number 2, almost like another planet.
Interesting landscape in number 2, almost like another planet.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 04/08/2010 - 14:11
Link
Two strong and memorable shots with good colour and strong structure. Imagine what any beach in Cornwall or Devon would look like at this time of year!
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 04/08/2010 - 15:13
Link
I keep coming back to look at the first one
It's a great shot
It's a great shot
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 04/08/2010 - 22:18
Link
I really like the first one, but the sky looks slightly turquoise to me? Maybe the WB is out a touch? It may be my monitor of course, lovely shot nonetheless. The second one is nice too, though the horizon being so central makes me like it less than the first shot.
Posted 04/08/2010 - 22:29
Link
Thanks for the comments folks they all very helpful.
aliengrove wrote:
I really like the first one, but the sky looks slightly turquoise to me? Maybe the WB is out a touch? It may be my monitor of course, lovely shot nonetheless. The second one is nice too, though the horizon being so central makes me like it less than the first shot.
I was quite happy with the sky, I may try and tone it down a bit, see how it looks. re the second one, what I would have given for a 10-20 lens at this point, far more was going on than I could cram into the shot.
I really like the first one, but the sky looks slightly turquoise to me? Maybe the WB is out a touch? It may be my monitor of course, lovely shot nonetheless. The second one is nice too, though the horizon being so central makes me like it less than the first shot.
Posted 05/08/2010 - 07:51
Link
Put people in the shot it took me hours to organise that fake tsunami warning
Posted 07/08/2010 - 10:53
Link
Hi Graham. I like the second one,as stated the light was just falling away so I have added light to the diagonal rocks and a few other tweaks. I hope you don't mind.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/ImagesbyJA/4850236843_543e14a3fc_b.jpg[/IMG]
John
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/ImagesbyJA/4850236843_543e14a3fc_b.jpg[/IMG]
John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1347 posts
17 years
Somewhere at the back of my mind
Stranded
Reflections
Graham