Airshow question

ChrisA
Posted 19/08/2009 - 23:30 Link
Mannesty wrote:
ChrisA wrote:

Out of interest, are there any tripods (and the attachment between them and the camera) that are so rigid, that even physically pressing the button to release the shutter causes no shake at all?

I ask, because my own tripod most definitely is not that rigid.
I can't really see the point of mounting a camera to a tripod, then simply press the shutter button for the exposure. Of course that will induce shake.

If it's on a tripod, why not use a cable release?
Of course. But all the cable, remote and delayed modes switch SR off, regardless of the switch position. So unless you're physically pressing the button to release the shutter immediately, moving the SR switch to 'off' affects nothing.

It's only with finger release (non delayed) that the whole "does SR cause blur" has any relevance at all, hence my question.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
lemmy
Posted 20/08/2009 - 17:49 Link
Mannesty wrote:
lemmy wrote:

I've just checked and SR was on.
SR may have been turned on, but was it stabilised before the exposure was , err, exposed.
That information is also in the EXIF data.
I don't pretend to know what any of this means but the exif says

SR result stabilzed
shake reduction unknown (15)
SR half press time .80s

Does anyone understand all this?
Oggy
Posted 20/08/2009 - 20:05 Link
The first means that the SR mechanism thinks it worked correctly and I think the half press time is the time between part pressing the exposure button and taking the picture.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo