Aircraft Light Trails
Posted 16/12/2011 - 08:08
Link
matwhittington wrote:
That's a very cool idea... I like it
Thanks Mat. It's always good when an idea gives you some sort of result !
That's a very cool idea... I like it
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 16/12/2011 - 08:53
Link
Very unusual, well done. It makes a change from the more typical motorway 'light' traffic.
Posted 16/12/2011 - 09:34
Link
Cool. I like the way you've got the flashes from the wingtip strobes as well as the navigation lights.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Posted 16/12/2011 - 10:42
Link
Very good!
I had an idea for some similar shots a while ago. I was up at one of the local reservoirs late one night trying a bit of night photography, pausing every so often as another aircraft came in low overhead on approach to Luton. So, thought about setting up for a long exposure shot to get the approaching aircraft in and some light trails. By the time I was ready the last flight had passed.
I had an idea for some similar shots a while ago. I was up at one of the local reservoirs late one night trying a bit of night photography, pausing every so often as another aircraft came in low overhead on approach to Luton. So, thought about setting up for a long exposure shot to get the approaching aircraft in and some light trails. By the time I was ready the last flight had passed.
Posted 16/12/2011 - 13:39
Link
I like these... a lot!!
Nmber two is my favourite.
Nmber two is my favourite.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 16/12/2011 - 15:15
Link
Thank you guys I really appreciate your kind comments !
eenymac - no problem with lack of flights here, they were coming in about one every 3 or 4 mins. It was me who couldn't hack it any longer, I thought I had enough warm clothing on but after 2 hours standing around pushing the shutter every few mins I was frozen !
eenymac - no problem with lack of flights here, they were coming in about one every 3 or 4 mins. It was me who couldn't hack it any longer, I thought I had enough warm clothing on but after 2 hours standing around pushing the shutter every few mins I was frozen !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 16/12/2011 - 22:20
Link
ChrisR wrote:
Good job.
Very effective.
Take care.
Thanks for commenting Chris !
Good job.
Very effective.
Take care.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2087 posts
16 years
Shanghai
ISO 80, RAW, 15 Secs, Contax Zeiss 28 at f8.
#1 - Can't Drive Straight !
#2 - Pilot of the Year
#3 - Detour
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0