AF-360FGZ not communicating with *istDS

dlubinsky
Posted 10/01/2009 - 19:28 Link
I just received an AF-360FGZ and it does not appear to be communicating with my *istDS. I get no P-TTL on the flash when attached to the camera but it does work in "A" mode (the flash triggers and the exposure is ok but no zoom and no shutter speed sync). Flash also trigers in TTL mode but is very overexposed. I reset all to default and upgraded firmware to version 2.02 with no effect. I tried the flash on my neighbor's *istDS2 and it worked as advertised. I appreciate any insight.

Thanks

Dave
MattMatic
Posted 11/01/2009 - 13:00 Link
Dave,
Check the contacts on the *ist-DS, and make sure the flash has been push on all the way.
Everything should work fine (I have *ist-D, *ist-Ds and K20D and they all work fine).
Otherwise sounds like the *ist-DS needs fixing
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Edited by MattMatic: 11/01/2009 - 13:00
dlubinsky
Posted 11/01/2009 - 15:32 Link
Thanks for the response. I have checked and re-checked the contacts and proper seating of the flash in the shoe. I guess I was just reaching out in hope that someone knew of some obscure setting that I was missing. The upside is that I now have a good excuse to upgrade!!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo