Advise please.
Posted 02/07/2007 - 21:49
Link
too many dark tones....a -1.5 ev would've worked.
now for a fix....
get into photoshop (or elements)
duplicate the layer...set blend mode to "multiply"
repeat as many times as it takes with new layers.
now hide the blown highlights with some grain...
add a new layer at 50% grey.
filter...."add noise"
adjustments invert, set blend mode to multiply...adjust opacity to 10-30%
slightly grainy, contrasty but workable.
now for a fix....
get into photoshop (or elements)
duplicate the layer...set blend mode to "multiply"
repeat as many times as it takes with new layers.
now hide the blown highlights with some grain...
add a new layer at 50% grey.
filter...."add noise"
adjustments invert, set blend mode to multiply...adjust opacity to 10-30%
slightly grainy, contrasty but workable.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 03/07/2007 - 08:18
Link
Q - Why is the exposure bias set to plus 2.0?
as Don said -1.5ev would have worked but if the bias is +2ev then +0.5 is probably the answer
as Don said -1.5ev would have worked but if the bias is +2ev then +0.5 is probably the answer
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
Posted 03/07/2007 - 09:05
Link
If you have dialled in +2EV exposure compensation then that is why it is over-exposed.
If you had left that alone the exposure would have been fine.
If you had left that alone the exposure would have been fine.
Best regards, John
Posted 03/07/2007 - 09:45
Link
Exposure compensation doesn't reset automatically - you have to remember to do it. I think you maybe used it for another photo and didn't realise it doesn't reset. I did that once too, but only once!
Posted 03/07/2007 - 12:52
Link
I think you also need to tone down the sharpening as well.....
1/15th second. mmmm, if you'd stuck it on -1/2 EV you'd get 1/80th and a much sharper shot without need for sharpening..
Peter
1/15th second. mmmm, if you'd stuck it on -1/2 EV you'd get 1/80th and a much sharper shot without need for sharpening..
Peter
Posted 03/07/2007 - 13:57
Link
sorry guys, with dyslexia, I don't often pay much attention to numbers.
(makes about as much sense as asking for directions from somebody you know will lie to you).
but it is over exposed by about 1.5 stops on my laptop screen....
so did you try the fix that was suggested?
there are other ways to fix...you may have to experiment with more than one.
(makes about as much sense as asking for directions from somebody you know will lie to you).
but it is over exposed by about 1.5 stops on my laptop screen....
so did you try the fix that was suggested?
there are other ways to fix...you may have to experiment with more than one.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 08/07/2007 - 19:40
Link
Thank you all for your replies. I had not spotted the EV value. It will teach me a lesson to check all my settings before using the camera.
I've not had a chance to try that PS solution. I think I'll have to improve my PS skills first though.
Thanks.
Howard
I've not had a chance to try that PS solution. I think I'll have to improve my PS skills first though.
Thanks.
Howard
Cymru Am Byth
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


454 posts
19 years
Cheshire
I would appreciate some advise please. I took this image of a frog in the garden yesterday morning, on my DL2 set on automatic, I had rushed in to get the camera. My question, and what I don't undertstand, why is it overexposed? There are plenty of other flaws I appreciate but why the overexposure? Another question - can it be photoshoped or picassaed?
Exif date is as follows:
Focal length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Exposure time: 0.067 s (1/15)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 200
Exposure bias: 2.00
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: Creative Program (based towards depth of field
Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing
Thanks for your time.
Howard