A week in the Lakes...
Posted 07/07/2007 - 19:42
Link
Who says you need the sun to make a good picture?
My only criticism is that you haven't said where the shots were taken.
G
My only criticism is that you haven't said where the shots were taken.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/07/2007 - 20:27
Link
Thanks George..
We had a bit of sun on Wednesday evening, but apart from that it rained pretty much all the time..
I've got a few shots of the weather coming down across the hills.. while we were still in them..
Locations in order..
Bottom end of Windermere, at Ambleside, taken from Borran Park. I couldn't find the name of the hotel!! (Might be Wateredge Hotel)
Just up the hill from Brothers Water, back towards Kirkstone Pass.
Just across the road from the car park for the above walk.
Grizedale Forest. The wall is the garden wall of the cottage we stayed at.
I'll post a couple more up in the morning.. but now a drink is in order.
Cheers
Liam
We had a bit of sun on Wednesday evening, but apart from that it rained pretty much all the time..
I've got a few shots of the weather coming down across the hills.. while we were still in them..
Locations in order..
Bottom end of Windermere, at Ambleside, taken from Borran Park. I couldn't find the name of the hotel!! (Might be Wateredge Hotel)
Just up the hill from Brothers Water, back towards Kirkstone Pass.
Just across the road from the car park for the above walk.
Grizedale Forest. The wall is the garden wall of the cottage we stayed at.
I'll post a couple more up in the morning.. but now a drink is in order.
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Posted 07/07/2007 - 20:47
Link
Did you take any of the sculptures there? We went there, oh god, ten years ago , and I got some nice ones of Andy Goldsworthy's 'Wall going for a walk', and various others. All on 6x6 slides from my Lubitel. Looked lovely. Seem to recall it rained then too.
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 08/07/2007 - 00:38
Link
I rather like the "sonic" sculptures in Grizedale myself, however, they don't photograph well, for obvious reasons!
P.S. You can't see the midges in these photos!
P.S. You can't see the midges in these photos!
Posted 08/07/2007 - 10:21
Link
Nice pics
Posted 08/07/2007 - 14:57
Link
Quote:
Did you take any of the sculptures there? We went there, oh god, ten years ago , and I got some nice ones of Andy Goldsworthy's 'Wall going for a walk', and various others. All on 6x6 slides from my Lubitel. Looked lovely. Seem to recall it rained then too.
Dan
Hi Dan,Did you take any of the sculptures there? We went there, oh god, ten years ago , and I got some nice ones of Andy Goldsworthy's 'Wall going for a walk', and various others. All on 6x6 slides from my Lubitel. Looked lovely. Seem to recall it rained then too.
Dan
There was one sculpture just up from the cottage.. a carved log layed down.. or something.. but we didn't do the woodland walk that takes you past them. After seeing a couple of pictures of others in one of the grockle leaflets I don't think I missed much to be honest.
BTW, I got a couple of shots of a slow-worm.. first time I've seen one in the wild.. not exactly award winning, but passable.. and also some shots of mink.. again a first.. although they are pretty bad.. about 250 pixels high with a 300 lens.. and blurred at that.. they won't be gracing the board.
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Posted 08/07/2007 - 15:03
Link
I've come close a couple times to getting mink and martin, in the wild.
tough, to approach, they move fast and hide well.
tough, to approach, they move fast and hide well.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 08/07/2007 - 15:53
Link
I must be dicky opposite 'cause I like the third one most, looks like the beginning of a very nice walk, just draws you in and on, 'tho on my screen it does seem to be a little dark, I wd have upt the EV a bit...?
Lilly
Lilly
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


931 posts
20 years
Bracknell Berkshire
I've been away in the Lake District for a week, and thought I'd share a couple of photos with you.. feel free to critique them..
*ist DL | 18-55 DA @ 55mm | 1/350 @ F8 | ISO 200
*ist DL | 18-55 DA @ 21mm | 1/125 @ F5.6 | ISO 200
*ist DL | 18-55 DA @ 18mm | 1/125 @ F6.7 | ISO 200
*ist DL | 18-55 DA @ 18mm | 2 seconds @ F22 | ISO 200
There's plenty more to sort through, so you might get a couple more tomorrow.
Cheers
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas