Advice from K1owners. please...

Blythman

Link Posted 09/09/2017 - 08:02
pschlute wrote:
Blythman wrote:
To the point on using FF and cropping or using crop mode from the outset. I usually use FF and crop that image afterwards. However, sometimes your cropping so much it's just a waste of disk space. And maybe it's just my imagination, bit I do find the AF seems more assured in crop mode when I'm focusing on that tiny kingfisher in the distance.

I have seen comments that AF can be a bit quicker in crop mode. I don't know whether that relates only a lens originialy made for digital or not. I have not tested this out. I use FF mode by default and think the AF is quick enough as it is.

Think how you would feel if you grabbed that perfect shot in crop mode and the bird's beak was just out of frame !!

I'm still trying for that perfect shot, so I'm well versed in being both excited and disappointed.
Alan

PPG
Flickr

i-Berg

Link Posted 10/09/2017 - 05:49
pschlute wrote:

I have seen comments that AF can be a bit quicker in crop mode. I don't know whether that relates only a lens originialy made for digital or not. I have not tested this out.

Peter, I expect it will be because the 33 AF sensors on the K1 cover more of an APSC-sized cropped frame than they do for the full frame, and secondly as the crop factor is 1.5x for APSC, all objects in the viewfinder will appear to be 1.5 times larger and thus easier 'targets' for the AF system.
http://www.pbase.com/iberg

pschlute

Link Posted 10/09/2017 - 09:06
i-Berg wrote:
pschlute wrote:

I have seen comments that AF can be a bit quicker in crop mode. I don't know whether that relates only a lens originialy made for digital or not. I have not tested this out.

Peter, I expect it will be because the 33 AF sensors on the K1 cover more of an APSC-sized cropped frame than they do for the full frame, and secondly as the crop factor is 1.5x for APSC, all objects in the viewfinder will appear to be 1.5 times larger and thus easier 'targets' for the AF system.

The AF sensors are in the AF sensor....how does it make a difference based on the crop mode chosen ?

Choosing crop mode makes no difference to the size of the objects in the viewfinder, nor to the size the AF system can see. I think you have a misunderstanding of "crop factor"
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.