Adjusting focus

erikro

Link Posted 30/05/2008 - 20:14
Hi.
Does anyone know how to adjust focus om optio cameraes, I mean for service, is there a "hidden" menu, like K10 and K100? or is it ajusted by a computer and cabel?
I have found out, that if I take at linse from one camera and mount in another camera, focus don't work anymore.
Any idears!
Regards.
Erik
K5IIs/K-1 II + film cameraes
I love my Pentax, all of them.

Mannesty

Link Posted 30/05/2008 - 22:22
Could you please explain the following:-

erikro wrote:

I have found out, that if I take at linse from one camera and mount in another camera, focus don't work anymore.

As far as I know, Optio's don't have interchangeable lenses (linses?), so what exactly do you mean (if this isn't a wind up)?

Regards,
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

erikro

Link Posted 30/05/2008 - 23:29
Just what I wrote, I am opening the camera, take a linse from another camere and mount it in the first camera. I have one camera with a broken lense and one with another fault, but the lense is ok.
When I do that, focus don't work, there must be a way to ajust the linse to the rest of the camera electronic, becourse the printet circut is telling the linse what to do.
Erik

Mannesty

Link Posted 31/05/2008 - 15:30
Sorry, but I can't help any further.

I understand now that you have two broken cameras and are trying to make one good one from the two bad ones.

Maybe somebody else here knows more about the mechanics/electronics of Optio cameras. If there is, they will help, but I doubt you'll get help here. It soundslike a job for a knowledgable Penatx Optio technician.

It would help, if you mean lens, spell it correctly. It's lens, and not lense or linse. I do understand that English is probably not your first language but if you look at your last post, you have not been consistent. It helps us simple single language speaking people to understand more what you mean.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

gartmore

Link Posted 31/05/2008 - 19:30
Do you really mean that 'focus' doesn't work or is the lens not extending?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

erikro

Link Posted 01/06/2008 - 20:36
First sorry for my bad english!!!

No the camera won't focus, the lens is extending, but will not become green and beep.
I have found somthing abut the "hidden" menu in another forum, I will try that.
Thanks to you all and have a nice day.
Erik
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.