Aberthaw

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 14/12/2021 - 21:38
Popped out for a bit with the dog earlier. Felt sorry he hadn't been on a proper walk for weeks and was feeling a bit better so went to Aberthaw as local to me. Big mistake bringing the dog as the walk down was very boggy and muddy and he turned from sandy colour to black and I had to put him in the van afterwards. Luckily I had a blanket for him to lay on! Health wise with long covid. After having a chest infection that is a pretty common after affect of Covid as 5 people I know have developed a chest infection afterwards, they had me admitted to hospital as they thought I had a blood clot on my lung. After scans, xrays and blood tests they said no blood clot but I keep getting rattly and when I breath it feels like popping in my lungs. Nothing on said scans and xrays so they're putting it down to further long Covid symptoms as it's attacked my respiratory system. Covid - the gift that keeps on giving! Glad to say the walk in total was 2.5 miles and it took nearly 3 hour to complete but I feel it was a success as I came home and didn't feel breathless so I think that's progress!

All with the K1 and either DFA 24-70mm, DA* 60-250mm or Sigma 20mm

Aberthaw The Lays by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 14/12/2021 - 23:10
No. 1 for me, Gareth. Moody. Great light.
Be well, stay safe.

Helpful

davidwozhere

Link Posted 14/12/2021 - 23:30
3rd one - for the sheer scale and distance that you have crammed into it. The B&Ws are gorgeous too, especially the 1st one (surprised me that the colour one was a disappointment by comparison!).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

walkeja

Link Posted 15/12/2021 - 10:54
Sorry to hear that you are suffering from long COVID. I spent two weeks in hospital with COVID back in February. Caught it the week before my first injection. Very weak when I came out . Took two weeks before I could give my dog tehe walk he was used to. Get well soon.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

Helpful

davidstorm

Link Posted 15/12/2021 - 23:02
Great images Gareth, particularly the BW ones. I'm drawn to #2 and #5 more than the others, but they're all very good.

I hope you start making inroads on the health front soon, myself and my family have luckily managed to avoid the dreaded Covid until now and we have our boosters tomorrow, so hoping we can avoid it. It certainly seems to have hit you very hard, best wishes for a full recovery.

Kind Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Helpful

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 15/12/2021 - 23:04
Glad to hear that you are managing to get out and about again Gareth, even if it is a slow recovery.

All the photos are up to your usual high quality and I like them all, both black and white and colour Probably number 1 is my favourite in black and white and number 3 is better in colour, both having foreground interest leading into a distant view.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos, but try not to do too much too soon. Look after yourself.
Paul

K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/12/2021 - 10:23
So glad you're using your photography to help improve your physical health (and mental I find) - It must have been a worry having covid and then having to be hospitalised with a chest infection. Just take it easy and do things gradually. Clearly your camera skills haven't been impacted at all
LennyBloke

Helpful

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 16/12/2021 - 21:32
I am sorry to hear of the virus and it's legacy, Gareth, and glad that you appear to be on the mend. I hope your dog has returned to his natural colour.

Talking of colour, your monochrome(!) pictures are my favourite. Lots of mood and feeling, and moody feeling, if that makes sense.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 17/12/2021 - 19:52
Thank you all, yes progress, slow, but in the right direction. Just wish it was totally out of my system with any long term Covid issues a thing of the past. Still, as much as it sucks and it makes me feel down and unhappy I tell myself there are others far worse than me and many also haven't made it so I should look at the positives. Glass half full kinda stuff.

Back to the images, the light was flat and it looked nice in colour as it muted everything and the dynamic range was squashed but as it was overcast with detail on the sky it suited mono conversions well with a bit of post processing.

Appreciate all the comments
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT

Daronl

Link Posted 17/12/2021 - 20:47
#5 could be on an exhibition wall

Well done Gareth
Daronl

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 22/12/2021 - 20:45
The b+w ones really work for me Gareth...keep them coming in 2022
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 23/12/2021 - 22:07
Thanks Daronl and Peter, appreciate the kind words

I have some other images I've posted online on FB groups I've shot since but haven't been in front of a PC to get the links to post here. Maybe tomorrow's job!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

Flickr
Instagram

My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.