A terrible ordeal.

pentaxian450

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 19:50
To all of you, thanks a lot for your support.

It is nice to see support from so many people I consider friends, even though we never met in person.

Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to organize a voyage in your country with my wife (not an easy feat) so we can thank you all in person.

@ Gwyn: Many thanks for your kind offer. So far, we have a lot of support from the social services.

@ David: Actually, talking about it helps reduce all the frustration that comes with the situation we're in.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

senn

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 20:55
you and your wife have my compassion, Yves ..

nuri
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG

fatspider

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 21:17
Quote:
It is nice to see support from so many people I consider friends, even though we never met in person.

Which only reinforces the fact that PU is a very close knit forum. I'm sure many members will read this thread and not necessarily respond, but will keep you in their thoughts non the less.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Stuey

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 21:40
Yves, my sympathy goes out to both yourself and your wife.

I can not really offer any constructive advice as I have no relevant experience on which to draw.

Whilst myself and many/some others cannot help with the problem itself we can and as others have above offer our support if you need it

However, should you manage to arrange a trip to our part of the planet I'm sure we will offer help, advice etc to help with the 'practicalities' of the trip as there are many here who will be able to help.

Regards

Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 21:50
I wish you and your wife all the best. It must be very hard every day. I know what it's like to have a seriously ill spouse, though a permanent disability must be even worse.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

caj26

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 21:51
Just have to say my thoughts are with you both. We are all part of the human family, sometimes the only help we can give is a hearing ear. I hope you can come over to the UK and that the sun will shine for you.

pentaxian450

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 21:53
Stuey wrote:
However, should you manage to arrange a trip to our part of the planet I'm sure we will offer help, advice etc to help with the 'practicalities' of the trip as there are many here who will be able to help.

Thanks a lot. I will keep that in mind.

major

Link Posted 01/07/2013 - 23:54
I have great empathy for your ordeal, Yves. Being a carer is very stressful and can be a lonely responsibility.

It is equally important to look after yourself and not neglect your own needs.

Sharing your thoughts and feeling with others (people you can confide in) most certainly helps.

Perhaps, you can consider joining a suitable carers support group in your locality or do some searches online for such facilities if you think it might help to alleviate your situation.

Bon Courage!

cedricd

Link Posted 02/07/2013 - 20:34
Dear Yves, hope you are supported by all on this forum. So many thoughts for you and your wife but insufficient language to express.
Enjoy life

davidstorm

Link Posted 02/07/2013 - 20:49
I don't feel qualified to comment on this Yves because I have not experienced what you have been through. I have however gone through traumas relating to our children when our twins were born, this went on for an extended period of time so maybe I can understand a little.

I think it is really brave of you to bare your soul like this in public and I really hope the messages you have had from the members on the Forum have helped you a little.

I will add my sincere best wishes to this thread and I hope it too helps in just a small way.

Best wishes
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

pentaxian450

Link Posted 11/07/2013 - 17:26
Back to square one.

My wife was re-admitted in the hospital on Monday morning for a re-lapse.

steven9761

Link Posted 11/07/2013 - 17:29
Awwww!!... Yves - I'm sorry to hear that, pal!! Maybe she is in the best place at the moment though. You personally can only do so much, although it must be heartbreaking for you to witness. "Keep your chin up!" doesn't really help, but it's probably the best thing I can find to say under the circumstances.

doubled

Link Posted 11/07/2013 - 18:01
This is terrible and I'm sorry to hear it. I can only imagine what it must be like for the both of you. It must have taken a lot of courage for you to share this with us and this has served as a reminder for me not to take things for granted.

I hope you and your wife will get all the help you need and things will get back on track real soon.

D

Opethian

Link Posted 11/07/2013 - 23:14
I wish you the best in this particular hard time in your life. As mentioned earlier, I too can only try to imagine what it feels like. You are very brave to post this here. Many people tend to close down and shun everyone else.

What you've done, sharing your story, and the responses people have given you in return, has at least given you an insight to what a wonderful community we have here... and that little bit of positive energy we are all wishing you with, I hope this will be what will keep you going for your wife.

Here's to more positive news and events from here on out.

Twitter | Someone said time-lapse?
Pentax K5 | Samsung N9005 | DA 18-55 WR | DA 35 2.4 | DA 50 1.8
Tamron 10-24 SP | Tamron 90 2.8 Macro | Tamron 70-300 Macro
Samyang 85 1.4 ...and a few other manual lenses older than me.

pentaxian450

Link Posted 12/07/2013 - 01:30
doubled wrote:
It must have taken a lot of courage for you to share this with us

Actually, for me, talking about it helps me deal with the problem.

Right now, being alone at home and not talking about it makes me feel more depressed. Having a community of friends knowing about the problem and supporting me pushes the problem further back.

The thing is, I'm so used to help her with so many things that being home alone, I just don't know what to do with myself. You just can't "mop" the floors forever.

Anyway, thanks for your support.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.