A Sheffield Set

davidstorm

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 19:51
A few images from a recent morning walk around Sheffield City Centre, mostly abstract. Please comment, all views welcomed both positive and negative. Images are a mix of K-3, K-01 and K-5iis, with several different lenses, DA L 55-300, DA L 18-55, Samsung 12-24, DA*50-135

1. Parkhill Flats

2. The Cheese Grater

3. Parkhill Flats

4. Parkhill Flats

5. City Centre

6. City Centre - compilation of architecture

7. City Centre - Student Union

8. Cheese Grater with Tree

9. Cityscape

10. Parkhill Flats

11. Parkhill Flats

Cheers
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Aitch53

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 20:17
What, no picture of The Howard?

I've seen most of those buildings so many times in ePhotozine reviews!
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

MrB

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 22:29
The first two and last two appeal to me.

Philip

McBrian

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 22:43
Another great set, # 2 is the stad out for me
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

derek897

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 22:59
First 2 and last 4 for me, great perspective and colours on the first one. Is 2 the same building as 8 ?
Great set as a whole.
Some fascinating architecture going on there.
Don't think I've ever seen a shot of any of them before.
👏👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.

davidtrout

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 23:19
Well observed scenes from Sheffield with a good mix of architecture mixed with quirky corners. Great light and excellent quality all round. One of these days I must revisit the city of my father's birth - with my camera. I love seeing your city photo walks and those of some other photographers on PUF.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

davidwozhere

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 00:52
I go fairly often but it's to see family who don't appreciate it when you keep stopping to photograph things. Nice that Parkhill flats are getting a reprieve. My son in law always has a harsh word or two for it. That quasi pyramidal one of the cheesegrater really hits the spot for me.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

razashaikh

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 05:16
Lovely set of images. I loved it all. #Cheese Greater Tree is awesome. The technique used is awesome. Thanks for sharing where I get to know new techniques.
Moment Stamper: Date Stamp Photo

davidstorm

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 09:23
davidtrout wrote:
Well observed scenes from Sheffield with a good mix of architecture mixed with quirky corners. Great light and excellent quality all round. One of these days I must revisit the city of my father's birth - with my camera. I love seeing your city photo walks and those of some other photographers on PUF.
David

If you ever come down David, please let me know, I'd love to go on a city walk with you.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

davidtrout

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 09:27
davidstorm wrote:
davidtrout wrote:
David

If you ever come down David, please let me know, I'd love to go on a city walk with you.

Regards
David

I'd like that. Barrie might also fancy a visit sometime. I know we've discussed the possibility of going to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. The only PUF member from the South Yorks group I've met is Neil several times.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

pschlute

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 09:42
Liking these, the first especially, great angle.
Peter

My Flickr page

alfpics

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 09:57
The symmetry of no2 with the dark sky is good and I really like the upward angle and colour of the last one; Parkhill Flats. Overall an interesting and fascinating set!
Andy

Chrism8

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 12:18
#2 then #11 then #5 for me in that order, the colour in #11 really pops
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Pentax 100 Macro F2.8 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6

Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

Sry

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 16:56
I like how the juxtapositions work in 4 and 8, giving a more personal view (to my eyes) of urban elements. 11 has great composition and colour.

That Cheese Grater is one heck of an architect's fancy!

gtis

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 18:15
davidtrout wrote:
davidstorm wrote:
Quote:
David

Regards
David

I'd like that. Barrie might also fancy a visit sometime. I know we've discussed the possibility of going to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. The only PUF member from the South Yorks group I've met is Neil several times.
David

Hi David if you do decide to come down
We might be able meet up itís been a few
Years when we last met
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A da* 300 f4 da*50-135 f 2.8 smc 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.