A seaside town they forgot to close down
Posted 18/02/2012 - 11:47
Link
The pavilion looks interesting, and you chose a good time to photograph it. I also like the picture of the two Mughal-inspired domed shelters. Again, excellent use of light.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 18/02/2012 - 16:18
Link
I particularly like the ones taken in the low sun. I think I've seen the buildings used in the Poirot series?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 18/02/2012 - 17:24
Link
The de la Warr pavilion is a famous structure, especially the spiral staircases. Nice images of an architectural icon.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


803 posts
15 years
Worcestershire
On the promenade is the real star attraction. The De La Warr Pavillion.
I think this is a fantastic looking modernist building (built in 1935) and is now a arts centre which is currently showing a wonderful Andy Warhol Exhibition.
Whatever your view on the art I think it's great that you can find this in what is essentially a run down seaside down - unfortunately i was the only person in the exibition- the cafe was pretty busy though!
I've had the 55-300 since the Amazon sale in December. Wasn't really sure what to do with it as I have tended toward standard or wider focal lengths. So I posted a few here amongst those taken with the 18-55 WR kit lens.