A reply (sort of) to G's ICBM
Posted 06/08/2007 - 20:28
Link
Quote:
Brian - were these model shoots a club thing or something you set up yourself? I've been playing around with studio lights on and off for a few years but it's restrictive only having my reluctant family to model for me so I'd be interested in something more organised.
I'm a member of Glenrothes Camera Club http://www.glenrothescameraclub.org/, we are fortunate to own our own building (an old cottage) which has a fully equiped studio (and dark room), club members can rent it for their own use at the princely sum of £7.00/session (no time limit) Brian - were these model shoots a club thing or something you set up yourself? I've been playing around with studio lights on and off for a few years but it's restrictive only having my reluctant family to model for me so I'd be interested in something more organised.
These shots were takn in a session soley for me and the model (found through another website) on a TFP/CD basis, spent around 4hours of a Sunday afternoon with her in the studio, good fun.
We do have a member who comes across from Edinburgh (fellow biker too and is our Secretary), wan't to come across and give us the once over :arrow:
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 07/08/2007 - 10:07
Link
Quote:
we are fortunate to own our own building (an old cottage) which has a fully equiped studio (and dark room), club members can rent it for their own use at the princely sum of £7.00/session (no time limit)
You are so fortunate!!!! we are fortunate to own our own building (an old cottage) which has a fully equiped studio (and dark room), club members can rent it for their own use at the princely sum of £7.00/session (no time limit)
No such luck in the small French town where I live. That's why I had almost stopped doing photography in the last 5 years.
Ah! I'm so happy with the K10D, I can photograph again!
Still wish there was a studio and darkroom though...
Posted 07/08/2007 - 10:16
Link
Quote:
No such luck in the small French town where I live. That's why I had almost stopped doing photography in the last 5 years.
Ah! I'm so happy with the K10D, I can photograph again!
Still wish there was a studio and darkroom though...
Nowadays we have a computer and a darkened room.McBrian wrote:
we are fortunate to own our own building (an old cottage) which has a fully equiped studio (and dark room), club members can rent it for their own use at the princely sum of £7.00/session (no time limit)
You are so fortunate!!!! we are fortunate to own our own building (an old cottage) which has a fully equiped studio (and dark room), club members can rent it for their own use at the princely sum of £7.00/session (no time limit)
No such luck in the small French town where I live. That's why I had almost stopped doing photography in the last 5 years.
Ah! I'm so happy with the K10D, I can photograph again!
Still wish there was a studio and darkroom though...
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 07/08/2007 - 10:43
Link
[quote="McBrian"]
Quote:
We do have a member who comes across from Edinburgh (fellow biker too and is our Secretary), wan't to come across and give us the once over :arrow:
Brian - I might well do that. I've never been a member of a photography club and I've absolutely no idea what they provide etc. Having access to a proper studio would be a big help - I've got studio lights (just the cheap Jessops portaflash ones) but I have to take over one of the rooms in the house and set all the kit up each time I want to use them, plus my largest room 24x12 is still a bit on the small side for anything other than single person portraits.
We do have a member who comes across from Edinburgh (fellow biker too and is our Secretary), wan't to come across and give us the once over :arrow:
Posted 07/08/2007 - 17:48
Link
Quote:
Brian - I might well do that.
You would be made most welcome, Thursday nights are club nights although we don't start the new season officially till the 30th Aug, there is always some folk in any Thursday night, including me.
Brian - I might well do that.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


829 posts
20 years
Edinburgh