A newbies attempt

Belinda B.
Posted 05/04/2008 - 17:52 Link
Quote:
father ted...
I agree with what you said...
I suggest "getting it right in camera" is the best policy.
photoshop is best used as a tool to unleash your creativity, so it helps to start with a good, properly exposed, properly composed shot.
sure photoshop can be used to fix mistakes, but you'll be a much better photographer if you spend that time fixing your mistakes at the "Taking phase" as opposed to the "Post production phase".
then you photoshop time can be spent making "great" shots better, as opposed to making "so-so" shots useable.
I agree.

Back in "the old days" using colour slide film, you just had one attempt to get it right, when you took the photograph

Then, when your slides were returned from the processor, you were delighted with some and chucked others in the bin
Belinda B.
Father Ted
Posted 06/04/2008 - 22:19 Link
WOW...lots of really good advice.
Didn't even notice the birds nest

I'll take on board the bit about photographing snow scenes, not that we get much snow around here. That's the most we've had in 2 years. It is in Port Sunlight on the Wirral.
http://www.portsunlight.org.uk/

It is a very picturesque village, but I haven't had time to go down there by myself since getting the camera and it's a bit difficult to concentrate with two kids running off Those two were taken on my way into work.

What will the firmware upgrade give me? and is there any risk of it going wrong and putting the camera out of action?
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo