A K5 at last


Kenty

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:32
Well...after much thought and consideration I've taken the plunge and purchased a K5 with the 18-55 kit lens - battery is charging now!

I bought it from Jessops Birmingham who despite the prices in their store were happy to match their Internet price. A free tripod was on offer but I already have one so they gave me Sandisk Extreme 16GB card for the price of an 8GB card - a saving of over 40. Also 300 free prints at 6x4 or 150 at 7x5 - ideal as I now have a 4 month old granddaughter and loads of photos of her.

To top it all I only paid a 200 deposit and the rest is payable over 10 months with no interest charge.

Weather permitting I'll be out with it tomorrow. Nah - whatever the weather I'll be out with it!! (I've read/glanced at the first 52 pages of the handbook - only 322 to go!)

Cheers....John
On a dark desert highway, cool Pentax K5 in my hand.
My Kit
K5 & 18-55 Kit lens, K7, Pentax 18-250mm lens, Sigma 10-20mm lens, Sigma 105mm Macro lens, Pentax 50mm 1.7 lens, Cokin P Series Filters

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:38
Well done! Yes those finance deals are rather tempting, Clifton Cameras are doing it too. Had they got the 645D back in stock I wonder, since their last one was looted in the riots?
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

davex

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:13
Mine arrived today from SRS, No stain, Level is accurate,have updated firmware and low level light AF appears fine.
What a fantastic camera, just been messing about in the garden, first impressions are extremely favourable, a massive step up from my K20.
Am hopefully out on friday to do something a bit more interesting.
I found a charge of an hour was enough to get some time in, now my battery is flat

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:26
davex wrote:
No stain, Level is accurate,have updated firmware and low level light AF appears fine.


Davex.

For the best part of a grand I should jolly well think so!
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

Algernon

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 18:04
Check that the viewfinders accurate I can't
stand cameras that cut peoples Heads Off!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Gwyn

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 18:07
Congratulations John and Dave - I hope you get much pleasure from your new cameras.

GDN

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 18:24
Enjoy... I'm sure you will....
Gary

Pentax K3

My Flickr

Smeggypants

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 18:54
Nice one folks!!! - Hope you get as much enjoyoment of them as I do. The K-5 is a wonderful camera.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

ambient housewife

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 19:14
Kenty wrote:
A free tripod was on offer but I already have one so they gave me Sandisk Extreme 16GB card for the price of an 8GB card

Nice one John, that is a good replacement negotiation! I have the free tripod, never thought of trying to negotiate. For a cheapy it is pretty reasonable. I was going to sell it on amazon or ebay, but I thought I might take it to Australia and use it, then leave it as a present for one of the family. Do you think they would be happy with a slightly used Velbon!
Last Edited by ambient housewife on 07/09/2011 - 19:14

ChrisR

Link Posted 07/09/2011 - 20:13
Kenty wrote:
Well...after much thought and consideration I've taken the plunge and purchased a K5 with the 18-55 kit lens - battery is charging now!

I bought it from Jessops Birmingham who despite the prices in their store were happy to match their Internet price. A free tripod was on offer but I already have one so they gave me Sandisk Extreme 16GB card for the price of an 8GB card - a saving of over 40. Also 300 free prints at 6x4 or 150 at 7x5 - ideal as I now have a 4 month old granddaughter and loads of photos of her.

To top it all I only paid a 200 deposit and the rest is payable over 10 months with no interest charge.

Weather permitting I'll be out with it tomorrow. Nah - whatever the weather I'll be out with it!! (I've read/glanced at the first 52 pages of the handbook - only 322 to go!)

Cheers....John

Hi John.

I am sure you will be very pleased, had mine for a week now, not been further than the back garden, but great results with the 100mm macro lens.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.