A k20d in the carpark

Aitch53

Link Posted 22/04/2015 - 20:27
Some pictures taken within the confines of our carpark, to check out my k20d and a couple of new lenses...

Daisies

A dandelion smile...

"Make sure you get my good side"

Is that the time?

First two using a DA-L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL, the rest with a DA-L 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED AL WR. Better lenses than the reviews would suggest, though the upload loses a bit...
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

alfpics

Link Posted 22/04/2015 - 21:17
A fine set of images Steve. The clock especially stands out for me. Having said that, the two flower ones have retained detail despite the sunlight
Andy

Aitch53

Link Posted 22/04/2015 - 21:39
There may have been a tiny bit of sharpening in PSE-11 after I shrank the images. And I had to remove a blue cast from the clock - it was in shadow on an overcast day, but yeah, they are (to my eye) nice lenses. On the full image of the clock - that crop is about a quarter of the full frame, you can see each division mark on the temperature dial quite clearly. You can even read the serial number - that little blur under the six o'clock mark. I must admit, I am rather impressed by the 50-200 lens.
SteveH!

alfpics

Link Posted 22/04/2015 - 22:25
That is impressive!
Andy

McGregNi

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 07:28
A good start with your 'new' camera ... Quite a bargain and looks like its all working fine! I somehow doubt I'd ever be able to let the K7 go, even once I've made an upgrade .....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

PeterKR

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 10:03
These are amazingly sharp images Steve - so good I thought you must be telling 'porkies' about which lenses you used !

I got these 2 lenses with my K-r Twin Lens Kit and I've never managed to produce anything coming close to the clarity of these shots - but that's just ME I suppose !

If you are happy with old MF lenses then I'd definitely agree with David about the Pentacon and the Helios 58mm. I already had the Helios from my old Zenit and the Pentacon was the first lens I bought off ebay. They are both bargain gems.

Keep up the good work.
Best regards
Peter

Aitch53

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 15:37
Peter,

Do bear in mind that my success rate is at best 5% - most of my pictures get binned. Especially from that session - the first dozen or so came about very blurred and I couldn't understand why. Until I discovered that I'd somehow managed to turn off the auto focus.

As for older lenses, I must admit I have become rather used to zoom lenses since going digital. Though I do have a couple of quite fast old lenses - f2.5 135mm and f4 200mm come to mind, which may overcome my laziness.
SteveH!

PeterKR

Link Posted 23/04/2015 - 20:57
Aitch53 wrote:
Peter,

Do bear in mind that my success rate is at best 5% - most of my pictures get binned. Especially from that session - the first dozen or so came about very blurred and I couldn't understand why. Until I discovered that I'd somehow managed to turn off the auto focus.

As for older lenses, I must admit I have become rather used to zoom lenses since going digital. Though I do have a couple of quite fast old lenses - f2.5 135mm and f4 200mm come to mind, which may overcome my laziness.

Steve, you are too modest !
If the 5% come out as good as those you've nothing to worry about !

The other 95% are what we call learning from experience and that is half the fun.
There is an expression "The man that never made a mistake, never made anything". !

Best regards
Peter
Last Edited by PeterKR on 23/04/2015 - 20:58
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.