Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

A happy return

Dogsbody
Posted 06/02/2013 - 17:37 Link
A five month relationship with a camera of another make is coming to an end. I can only describe the experience as underwhelming and frustrating.
There are lots of reasons why; but for me the most significant simply being that I did not enjoy using it as much as my K-x.
I really should have listened to my instincts and resisted temptation, I mean who really needs 39 focus points pah!

After reading the discussions on this forum regarding K30 or K5ii tomorrow I will be putting my money where I should have done some 5 months ago with a K30. Well almost certainly a K30 :
A very happily using a K30. My wife says I have too many lenses.
johnriley
Posted 06/02/2013 - 18:01 Link
Welcome home!
Best regards, John
Dogsbody
Posted 06/02/2013 - 21:00 Link
Thank you John, I never really left, I kept my eye on this forum and in touch with Pentax products. That says it all really.
A very happily using a K30. My wife says I have too many lenses.
Stuey
Posted 06/02/2013 - 21:08 Link
Welcome back
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Mike-P
Posted 07/02/2013 - 11:09 Link
Although I have a Canon 7D and some decent lenses to go with it when I go out for the day 99% of the time It's the k-5 that goes in my camera bag. The only time it doesn't is when I know I need fast af and decent tracking ability (which isn't that often tbh).

Welcome back
cabstar
Posted 07/02/2013 - 14:04 Link
How you finding the mkii Mike?
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Mike-P
Posted 07/02/2013 - 14:06 Link
cabstar wrote:

To be honest I haven't used it yet.
Gwyn
Posted 07/02/2013 - 15:17 Link
Welcome back Jonathan!

Mike-P wrote:
cabstar wrote:

To be honest I haven't used it yet.

You're not the only one . A couple of quick test photos is all I have managed so far, but I was impressed with those
My arm is slowly improving, and I have a week in the Canarian sun coming up, so I hope to be able to make more use of it soon.
ilovesaabs
Posted 08/02/2013 - 11:44 Link
My superb Nikon D3 is a tool, it is brilliant but I don't have an emotional attachment to it at all. My equally brilliant and superb K-5 and K20D feel like an extension to me...However if my house in on fire the first things I will gather will be the FA* 85 and the Limiteds...then the GF
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
AuraTodd
Posted 09/02/2013 - 09:40 Link
I plan to take my K30 to Winchester and York.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.