A ghost story


RobL

Link Posted 21/12/2021 - 17:17
The photographer had lived alone with no family to mourn his passing. His house laid empty for five years, furniture gathering dust until finally new owners moved in and started cleaning when they found a bag tucked away under the stairs. Inside was a beautiful Pentax camera and to their surprise the battery still retained enough charge to turn it on; their curiosity piqued they found the button to view the photographs he had recorded, and marvelled at the atmospheric scenes recorded therein.

That evening over dinner he suddenly said “What was the date the agent told us the chap died – wasn’t it Christmas Eve 2015?” “Yes, why?” she replied. “Take a look at the dates on these last files, they are all of the months following. And the place has been boarded up since.”

Here are the photos they found.












Now, should the last photo be of an ethereal sunlit garden to invoke paradise, or a darker theme with a couple walking up a garden path?

Happy Christmas everyone!

HarisF1

Link Posted 21/12/2021 - 21:51
Sounds completely far fetched unless you specify it's the D-Li90 battery. Apparently they dug some up from the ancient Egyptian era and they still booted up first time

On topic, these are stunning images, every single one. The contrast between the cold harsh tones in the first few and the warm sunny scene makes it a funny little set, and quite enjoyable!
All the gear with no idea

RobL

Link Posted 22/12/2021 - 07:59
HarisF1 wrote:
Sounds completely far fetched unless you specify it's the D-Li90 battery. Apparently they dug some up from the ancient Egyptian era and they still booted up first time
!

If the camera was changed to a film camera would the negatives be date stamped?

HarisF1

Link Posted 22/12/2021 - 09:02
RobL wrote:
HarisF1 wrote:
Sounds completely far fetched unless you specify it's the D-Li90 battery. Apparently they dug some up from the ancient Egyptian era and they still booted up first time
!

If the camera was changed to a film camera would the negatives be date stamped?

Yep, they found one from 10-12-2021BC :p
All the gear with no idea

Lubbyman

Link Posted 22/12/2021 - 09:34
A typical Pentax story. Bloke was clearly good but everyone had forgotten him. He was doomed, but just carried on regardless in spite of appearances. Those who subsequently took notice of him were surprised at how good he was. And the final picture has still not been taken...

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 22/12/2021 - 10:43
Lubbyman wrote:
A typical Pentax story. Bloke was clearly good but everyone had forgotten him. He was doomed, but just carried on regardless in spite of appearances. Those who subsequently took notice of him were surprised at how good he was. And the final picture has still not been taken...

Steve

Thanks Steve, actually the final photo will be shot looking out from a window at a couple walking up the drive! I am waiting for the National Trust house down the road to open as it is sufficiently spooky.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.