A few with the 10-20
Posted 17/08/2010 - 00:10
Link
Some very nice pics and countryside there! Mind my asking why you didn't post them here instead of linking?
I absolutely adore dogs - well, most of them anyway - but I agree that a 10-20 isn't the best suited for nice portraits.
I absolutely adore dogs - well, most of them anyway - but I agree that a 10-20 isn't the best suited for nice portraits.
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. - Ansel Adams -
Posted 17/08/2010 - 01:21
Link
Thanks lidy.
I must confess that I've never mastered the technique for posting images on the forum, hence why I link them
I must confess that I've never mastered the technique for posting images on the forum, hence why I link them
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Posted 17/08/2010 - 06:29
Link
I agree - some lovely shots; it looks as if it was a nice day - I really like the pic of your dog (although a tiny point would be that one of his feet has just been slightly cropped off).
It took me a couple of goes to get to grips with posting images from flickr - and it's changed now that flickr have modified their interface recently...
You need to go to the drop down menu above the pic which says 'share this' or similar, then go to 'grab the html' and that brings up a box with a couple of long-winded looking web addresses in it. You just need to highlight the http: link which ends in .jpg, copy it, and then, when typing an entry in the forum, paste it between the square bracketted symbols which appear in the comment box when you click the 'image' button below the text box and voila! (hopefully)... just need to make sure as well that you're taking the html of the right-sized version of the pic (there is a drop down menu for that within the 'grab the html' box on flickr...
Hope that helps
Regards
It took me a couple of goes to get to grips with posting images from flickr - and it's changed now that flickr have modified their interface recently...
You need to go to the drop down menu above the pic which says 'share this' or similar, then go to 'grab the html' and that brings up a box with a couple of long-winded looking web addresses in it. You just need to highlight the http: link which ends in .jpg, copy it, and then, when typing an entry in the forum, paste it between the square bracketted symbols which appear in the comment box when you click the 'image' button below the text box and voila! (hopefully)... just need to make sure as well that you're taking the html of the right-sized version of the pic (there is a drop down menu for that within the 'grab the html' box on flickr...
Hope that helps
Regards
Posted 17/08/2010 - 07:40
Link
I like #7208, of the stele Adrian - as well as Mr Pooch of course
Posted 17/08/2010 - 07:56
Link
This lens certainly adds a new perspective and great impact. Some strong images here with good colour and shape.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 17/08/2010 - 09:28
Link
Some really nice shots there. Beautiful countryside.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 17/08/2010 - 11:36
Link
Sorry to go against the flow but to be honest the only one that works for me is the one of the dog, which is great.
For me most of the others show the problem of using UWA lenses sometimes, that the foreground just overpowers the rest of the scene which is fine when its something dramatic (like the dog). It's for this reason I sold my 10-20 and now stick with the 17-70 - as with all photography though its also down to personal taste
Simon
For me most of the others show the problem of using UWA lenses sometimes, that the foreground just overpowers the rest of the scene which is fine when its something dramatic (like the dog). It's for this reason I sold my 10-20 and now stick with the 17-70 - as with all photography though its also down to personal taste
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 17/08/2010 - 15:03
Link
I took me months before I worked out how to link pictures into the Forum. I only managed it after getting some help from another PUF member, DOIK.
It was well worth visiting your links Adrian, there's some very nice pictures. I love the wide angle shot of the dog with it's tongue hanging out.
David
It was well worth visiting your links Adrian, there's some very nice pictures. I love the wide angle shot of the dog with it's tongue hanging out.
David
Posted 17/08/2010 - 22:44
Link
matwhittington wrote:
I agree - some lovely shots; it looks as if it was a nice day - I really like the pic of your dog (although a tiny point would be that one of his feet has just been slightly cropped off).
It took me a couple of goes to get to grips with posting images from flickr - and it's changed now that flickr have modified their interface recently...
You need to go to the drop down menu above the pic which says 'share this' or similar, then go to 'grab the html' and that brings up a box with a couple of long-winded looking web addresses in it. You just need to highlight the http: link which ends in .jpg, copy it, and then, when typing an entry in the forum, paste it between the square bracketted symbols which appear in the comment box when you click the 'image' button below the text box and voila! (hopefully)... just need to make sure as well that you're taking the html of the right-sized version of the pic (there is a drop down menu for that within the 'grab the html' box on flickr...
Hope that helps
Regards
Thanks matwhittington, I'll give your technique a try next time.I agree - some lovely shots; it looks as if it was a nice day - I really like the pic of your dog (although a tiny point would be that one of his feet has just been slightly cropped off).
It took me a couple of goes to get to grips with posting images from flickr - and it's changed now that flickr have modified their interface recently...
You need to go to the drop down menu above the pic which says 'share this' or similar, then go to 'grab the html' and that brings up a box with a couple of long-winded looking web addresses in it. You just need to highlight the http: link which ends in .jpg, copy it, and then, when typing an entry in the forum, paste it between the square bracketted symbols which appear in the comment box when you click the 'image' button below the text box and voila! (hopefully)... just need to make sure as well that you're taking the html of the right-sized version of the pic (there is a drop down menu for that within the 'grab the html' box on flickr...
Hope that helps
Regards
Pentaxophile wrote:
Some beautifully dour Yr Eifl landscapes and seascapes in that set. You live nearby? I've got great childhood memories of descending Vortigern's Valley.
Pentaxophile, this location is a fifteen minute walk from where I live.Some beautifully dour Yr Eifl landscapes and seascapes in that set. You live nearby? I've got great childhood memories of descending Vortigern's Valley.
I've also learnt something, Nant Gwrtheyrn is also known as Vortigern's Valley (now a National Welsh Language learning centre).
Lucky, the pooch, is in danger of becoming a real Diva in her old age, what with all the complimentary comments
I do like the 10-20, as it does allow different approaches to be tried.
However as Simon specifies UWA is not for everybody.
Thanks for all your comments and advice, all appreciated.
Regards
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


479 posts
17 years
North Wales,
UK
The weather was changing back and forth, from clear and sunny, to overcast.
I didn't intend to take any pictures of the dog, as the 10-20 isn't the best for this job. However seeing as she posed right in front of me, one has been included
link
link
link
link
link
link
Regards
Adrian
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/