A few from York Minster & Whitby Abbey
Posted 19/05/2011 - 00:28
Link
Love #2 and #5
Would like to see bigger versions though
Would like to see bigger versions though
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 19/05/2011 - 08:26
Link
You've controlled the light very well in the York Minster interior shots, particularly in #2 where you've not blown the window highlights yet managed to keep fine detail in the ceiling.
David
David
Posted 19/05/2011 - 10:16
Link
Same as Smeggy for me #2 & #5 (though is the WB off or is that your PP) ?
I think #1 would have worked better in landscape and I like the last two as well but think you need to bring out the shadows a little more.
I think #1 would have worked better in landscape and I like the last two as well but think you need to bring out the shadows a little more.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 19/05/2011 - 11:12
Link
5 definitely has something special going for it.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 19/05/2011 - 11:16
Link
Agreed about # 5 - it is special
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 19/05/2011 - 12:09
Link
You've done a lot better at Whitby than I managed, ( though, in my defense I was trying to keep the camera dry! ).
I love number 5, it is special!
I love number 5, it is special!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 19/05/2011 - 20:19
Link
You've done much better at Whitby than I've ever managed.
Would also go for #2 & #5
Was up there 2 years ago in November and it was closed, best I managed was to hold up my K10D on a monopod over the wall on a 2 sec timer. Very hit and mainly miss and every one disappointing
regards
Bernard
Would also go for #2 & #5
Was up there 2 years ago in November and it was closed, best I managed was to hold up my K10D on a monopod over the wall on a 2 sec timer. Very hit and mainly miss and every one disappointing
regards
Bernard
Posted 19/05/2011 - 21:18
Link
Overall like the set. However I must be missing something. For me the first arch in #5 should either all be in, or appear to be purposely cropped. At the moment, with just a small amount at the top out of frame it looks accidental and detracts from the image.
Posted 19/05/2011 - 23:08
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Love #2 and #5
Would like to see bigger versions though
Thanks Smeggypants, here's a bigger #5Love #2 and #5
Would like to see bigger versions though

davidtrout wrote:
You've controlled the light very well in the York Minster interior shots, particularly in #2 where you've not blown the window highlights yet managed to keep fine detail in the ceiling.
David
Thanks David.You've controlled the light very well in the York Minster interior shots, particularly in #2 where you've not blown the window highlights yet managed to keep fine detail in the ceiling.
David
Frogfish wrote:
Same as Smeggy for me #2 & #5 (though is the WB off or is that your PP) ?
I think #1 would have worked better in landscape and I like the last two as well but think you need to bring out the shadows a little more.
All the Abbey images have been developed using the various presets in Lightroom (with the exception of #6).Same as Smeggy for me #2 & #5 (though is the WB off or is that your PP) ?
I think #1 would have worked better in landscape and I like the last two as well but think you need to bring out the shadows a little more.
Good point with the shadows, something that I need to learn
thoughton wrote:
5 definitely has something special going for it.
Thanks Tim.5 definitely has something special going for it.
techno-terminator wrote:
Agreed about # 5 - it is special
techno-terminator, thanks.Agreed about # 5 - it is special
Father Ted wrote:
You've done a lot better at Whitby than I managed, ( though, in my defense I was trying to keep the camera dry! ).
I love number 5, it is special!
Father Ted, there were a few people around and also a few spots of rain (which I kept wiping off the GND filter).You've done a lot better at Whitby than I managed, ( though, in my defense I was trying to keep the camera dry! ).
I love number 5, it is special!
The sun came out as we were leaving
Frogherder wrote:
You've done much better at Whitby than I've ever managed.
Would also go for #2 & #5
Was up there 2 years ago in November and it was closed, best I managed was to hold up my K10D on a monopod over the wall on a 2 sec timer. Very hit and mainly miss and every one disappointing
regards
Bernard
Thanks Bernard, we were fairly lucky in that not that many were about on a Tuesday in early May. I can imagine the place being full of tourists You've done much better at Whitby than I've ever managed.
Would also go for #2 & #5
Was up there 2 years ago in November and it was closed, best I managed was to hold up my K10D on a monopod over the wall on a 2 sec timer. Very hit and mainly miss and every one disappointing
regards
Bernard
Blythman wrote:
Overall like the set. However I must be missing something. For me the first arch in #5 should either all be in, or appear to be purposely cropped. At the moment, with just a small amount at the top out of frame it looks accidental and detracts from the image.
Valid point Alan, although I cannot recall why it was composed as such.Overall like the set. However I must be missing something. For me the first arch in #5 should either all be in, or appear to be purposely cropped. At the moment, with just a small amount at the top out of frame it looks accidental and detracts from the image.
There was also a fellow Pentaxian on site at this time, although I never got the opportunity to say hello.
Regards
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


479 posts
17 years
North Wales,
UK
First four from York Minster, last four Whitby Abbey.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
I'm sure that both venues have been shot to boredom, so I've tried a few experiments with the Abbey pictures.
All with the Sigma 10-20, with the exception of 4 (Sigma 18-50).
Regards
Adrian
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/