1024px wedding images by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 28-105mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 105mm - Pentax FA 35mm f2 - Tokina 20-35mm, Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr

My 500px

stub

Link Posted 13/08/2017 - 13:38
Nice stuff Gareth.. I cant fault them. The happy couple should be very pleased...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Helpful

RobL

Link Posted 13/08/2017 - 15:56
I echo that, you only get one chance and you have really come up with some lovely images that convey the love and happiness this couple have. And none of those obviously set-up shots that appear on some websites. Well done, is this a new career move?

Helpful

cabstar

Link Posted 13/08/2017 - 16:40
Looks good from here Gareth.

All that lovely window light at the front of the venue and I bet they only let you shoot from the back of the venue why they do that I don't really know...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 13/08/2017 - 17:26
Thanks all

I'm happy how they came out and also with how the cameras, lenses and flash performed on the day

RobL wrote:
I echo that, you only get one chance and you have really come up with some lovely images that convey the love and happiness this couple have. And none of those obviously set-up shots that appear on some websites. Well done, is this a new career move?

Thank you
Maybe! The brides mum works with me so asked me to shoot her daughters wedding and I said I would.
I've shot a few weddings before but I don't advertise the fact as I'm not a lover of them as the stress!

cabstar wrote:
Looks good from here Gareth.

All that lovely window light at the front of the venue and I bet they only let you shoot from the back of the venue why they do that I don't really know...

The registrar wasn't that impressed as I kept on walking about choosing my images! The opening image is taken from the front It was a fine balance as space was limited and I didn't want to keep shooting with flash and getting in peoples way but at the same time, I'm there to capture the day and produce images.
Quite lucky they were chilled and up for anything!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 28-105mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 105mm - Pentax FA 35mm f2 - Tokina 20-35mm, Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr

My 500px

McGregNi

Link Posted 13/08/2017 - 17:42
They all look good and convey a sense of relaxation and enjoyment .... it comes across as a happy event (which it should be!), but I don't think that is actually easy to convey through photos. My favourites are the outdoor ones with the castle ..... I'm assuming you demonstrated the moves you were looking for in No 9! )

Full marks to you .... a wedding is not for the photographically faint hearted. I'm not sure if I would even try it ....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 13/08/2017 - 17:43

Helpful

pentaxian450

Link Posted 14/08/2017 - 01:25
I think you've done a wonderful job. Although quite a few are posed, they still look quite natural. If all the pictures you took at that wedding are of this caliber, I think you shouldn't be afraid to advertise as a wedding photographer.

A point I make all the time to facilitate my work: I always ask the groom and bride to tell (not ask) the person who performs the wedding that their photographer will be "roaming" around to get the best shots possible. After all, they're footing the bills, so they should have their say in what goes and what doesn't go. Most of the time, it "clears" the air and makes my job a lot easier.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

Helpful

richandfleur

Link Posted 14/08/2017 - 07:21
Nice work mate. Looks like the sun was quite harsh at times (I miss summer!) and you've done well in those conditions.
Like several of these, and the wide angled one inside looks cool

Helpful

davidtrout

Link Posted 14/08/2017 - 07:52
Its a super set with plenty of variety in the poses and backgrounds. I'm sure the happy couple were delighted with these Gareth. I particularly like the portrait of the bride inside her veil.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 14/08/2017 - 13:12
You are a natural at this. I especially like 4 and 7.
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 14/08/2017 - 22:40
Thanks all

McGregNi wrote:
They all look good and convey a sense of relaxation and enjoyment .... it comes across as a happy event (which it should be!), but I don't think that is actually easy to convey through photos. My favourites are the outdoor ones with the castle ..... I'm assuming you demonstrated the moves you were looking for in No 9! )

Full marks to you .... a wedding is not for the photographically faint hearted. I'm not sure if I would even try it ....

Thanks Nigel, I did do a demo jump and practised the jump on 1, 2, 3!
Certainly daunting but having faith in the equipment and using 2 bodies eased my nerves slightly so it was then just down to me to mess up!

pentaxian450 wrote:
I think you've done a wonderful job. Although quite a few are posed, they still look quite natural. If all the pictures you took at that wedding are of this caliber, I think you shouldn't be afraid to advertise as a wedding photographer.

A point I make all the time to facilitate my work: I always ask the groom and bride to tell (not ask) the person who performs the wedding that their photographer will be "roaming" around to get the best shots possible. After all, they're footing the bills, so they should have their say in what goes and what doesn't go. Most of the time, it "clears" the air and makes my job a lot easier.

Thanks Yves I'm still unsure to take the leap, it's a stress isn't it
Appreciate the tip also for the roaming

richandfleur wrote:
Nice work mate. Looks like the sun was quite harsh at times (I miss summer!) and you've done well in those conditions.
Like several of these, and the wide angled one inside looks cool

Thanks Richard, yeah the sun was doing it's best to give me harsh light so a touch of HSS fill flash was needed!

davidtrout wrote:
Its a super set with plenty of variety in the poses and backgrounds. I'm sure the happy couple were delighted with these Gareth. I particularly like the portrait of the bride inside her veil.
David

Thanks David. Got lucky as the wind whipped up and sent her veil all over the place and managed to get the shot of it over her face

pschlute wrote:
You are a natural at this. I especially like 4 and 7.

Cheers Peter! Not sure about that but gave it a good go
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr

My 500px

autumnlight

Link Posted 15/08/2017 - 17:30
These are lovely, you've kept the detail in the Brides gorgeous dress and each picture seems to be well thought out, i would imagine the Bride and groom are extremely pleased, wonderful set!
Kind regards Maria

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maria-Gray-photography/589310071158079?ref=hl

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 15/08/2017 - 21:56
autumnlight wrote:
These are lovely, you've kept the detail in the Brides gorgeous dress and each picture seems to be well thought out, i would imagine the Bride and groom are extremely pleased, wonderful set!

Thank you Maria

Saw the brides sister in a local supermarket and she was very complimentary over them so happy days
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr

My 500px

derek897

Link Posted 15/08/2017 - 23:03
All are shots anyone would be proud to have taken, Iv'e done a couple and i know its not for me, so Well done, Great shooting
I know what i like, If not always why.

Helpful

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 17/08/2017 - 22:20
derek897 wrote:
All are shots anyone would be proud to have taken, I've done a couple and I know its not for me, so Well done, Great shooting

Thanks Derek
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr

My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.