Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

A couple of recent shots

Father Ted
Posted 18/08/2011 - 09:04 Link
I recently went to the Boat Museum in Ellesmere Port. Light wasn't good, so not many expansive shots of the boats, But I managed to get a free 12 month pass, so plenty of time to go back
Here are a couple I took, along with a random shot of a tree opposite my house

C&C Welcome.

Moving Parts
Comment Image


Shiver me Timbers!
Comment Image


A Berry nice shot? ( Sorry, couldn't help myself!! )
Comment Image
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
chaude
Posted 19/08/2011 - 00:16 Link
for some reason I really like the texture and the colours of wood in the 2nd one!
Smeggypants
Posted 19/08/2011 - 02:34 Link
I like "moving parts." I'm a sucker for engineered items

I think the turqoise/blue painted castings in the background are distracting though, and if it was my pic I'd adjustment brush them less obtrusive
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Father Ted
Posted 19/08/2011 - 10:20 Link
Smeggypants wrote:
I like "moving parts." I'm a sucker for engineered items

Well...when I get back off holiday and have chance to go through the rest of the images from the day, I might just please you some more!
Quote:

I think the turqoise/blue painted castings in the background are distracting though, and if it was my pic I'd adjustment brush them less obtrusive

I see what you mean. I'll have a play. Unfortunately, they are all part of the same engine, so weren't far enough behind to through out of focus.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
ChrisR
Posted 19/08/2011 - 11:17 Link
Hi Ted.

Like the clarity of number one, I am a mechanical / machine, junky.
I own a number of open crank engines, dating from the nineteen twenties, so any images as number one, does it for me.


Take care.

Chris R.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Smeggypants
Posted 20/08/2011 - 00:34 Link
Father Ted wrote:
Smeggypants wrote:
I like "moving parts." I'm a sucker for engineered items

Well...when I get back off holiday and have chance to go through the rest of the images from the day, I might just please you some more!
Quote:

I think the turqoise/blue painted castings in the background are distracting though, and if it was my pic I'd adjustment brush them less obtrusive

I see what you mean. I'll have a play. Unfortunately, they are all part of the same engine, so weren't far enough behind to through out of focus.

It's not the focus, but the brightness and colour. Do you use Lightroom or somethign with similar tools? If so I would recommend an adjustment brush with exposure, clarity and saturation taken slight down, and wiped over the background parts.

Although using a 1.2 or 1.4 lens I'm sure you could the background really OOF
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.