A couple in mono.
Posted 26/06/2014 - 23:59
Link
A good choice to opt for black and white. I like the shots, all apart from whatever you've done to the top part of #4....I'm afraid that looks a bit of a mess and spoils the shot.
Best regards, John
Posted 27/06/2014 - 00:17
Link
If I've got shots that have nothing to give them a date, I'll tend towards a B&W finish. 1 & 3 certainly fall into this category and look fantastic. 2 is borderline on dating so would probably remain in colour if they were my shots. 4 works well in an "ancient & modern" way but again I'd have finished in colour. I'm also in agreement with John, not sure what/why you've done what you have to the glass and nosing on the press centre, but it does no favours.
I'm curious to see if 1 or 3 would lend itself to a bit of colour popping?
I'm curious to see if 1 or 3 would lend itself to a bit of colour popping?
Posted 27/06/2014 - 06:26
Link
Number one is priceless
all images a bright and well framed
all images a bright and well framed
Posted 27/06/2014 - 08:51
Link
1 and 2 certainly work in b+w to me - especially 2 - pity about the spectators at the barrier - but love that hand painted number 13 on the car door.
3 - can't help feeling that I want to see some color here.
4 - agree with John and it also looks as if shutter speed may have been too slow as there are blurred people - unless this was deliberate?
Carl
3 - can't help feeling that I want to see some color here.
4 - agree with John and it also looks as if shutter speed may have been too slow as there are blurred people - unless this was deliberate?
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 27/06/2014 - 09:49
Link
Ok. #2 I agree on the spectators. I need to pay more attention to whats in the background.
#4 apart from cropping and bw conversion that's it. The nose on the glass tower is how it came out in the photo. I used a big stopper #10 so that the cars would remain sharp while people moving around would blur. White balance or something went wrong though and the image came out kind of blue. Hence the conversion.
I will post the unedited version in a few mins and you might be able to tell me what happened.
And I will try a colour pop to see how it looks.
Thanks for your cc guys.
Derek
#4 apart from cropping and bw conversion that's it. The nose on the glass tower is how it came out in the photo. I used a big stopper #10 so that the cars would remain sharp while people moving around would blur. White balance or something went wrong though and the image came out kind of blue. Hence the conversion.
I will post the unedited version in a few mins and you might be able to tell me what happened.
And I will try a colour pop to see how it looks.
Thanks for your cc guys.
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 27/06/2014 - 10:02
Link
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 27/06/2014 - 10:34
Link
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 27/06/2014 - 13:29
Link
Having now learned that the press centre shot was effectively untouched and that you used a hefty stopper, I would suggest the effect along the roof line is heat haze.
The popped #1 is lovely, I'd be tempted to mess around with all sorts of variations on the theme, but then I would...
Removing the spectators from #2 has lifted it no end, as well. A great set!
The popped #1 is lovely, I'd be tempted to mess around with all sorts of variations on the theme, but then I would...
Removing the spectators from #2 has lifted it no end, as well. A great set!
Posted 27/06/2014 - 19:13
Link
Much better without spectators - not a fan of color popping but here it works.
Re blue cast - not an unusual effect of using a big stopper - my hi-tech often does this - I think you may have been better off with an ND grad or stacked nd grads.
If you can keep getting 3 out of 4 right - you are a better man than I
Carl
Re blue cast - not an unusual effect of using a big stopper - my hi-tech often does this - I think you may have been better off with an ND grad or stacked nd grads.
If you can keep getting 3 out of 4 right - you are a better man than I
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 27/06/2014 - 19:21
Link
fritzthedog wrote:
If you can keep getting 3 out of 4 right - you are a better man than I
Carl
Ive seen your gallery, No chance.If you can keep getting 3 out of 4 right - you are a better man than I
Carl
Lots of stunning shots in there.
Thanks
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 27/06/2014 - 19:38
Link
Very nice idea to convert these. Most appropriate.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.





2322 posts
13 years
Wicklow Ireland
Good ? Bad ? Indifferent ?
Cc welcome
#1
#2
#3
#4